Murayama breaking back into the gaming industry. Hope for Suikoden?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Kyair

Re: Murayama breaking back into the gaming industry. Hope for Suikoden?

Post by Kyair »

The Kickstarter page is starting today for Eiyuden Chronicle. Unsure of the time. I think it's around 11am to 12pm CST. I haven't been this excited in a loooong time.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Found an article today of Murayama stating that he would love to work on another Suikoden game if the opportunity presented itself. Not surprising considering Suikoden was and still is his baby.

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/su ... ce-2848043

Can we start a kickstarter to purchase the Suikoden IP off of Konami so Murayama can own it? Lol
NowaEiyuden

Post by NowaEiyuden »

Unfortunately, kickstarter is only for creation. As an existing product, purchase of the rights to the IP would not be allowed.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Yeah, the best hope for Suikoden is if Eiyuden does well and Konami takes notice that there is still some viability in the franchise. Whether that's likely or not is anyone's guess.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

wataru14 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:32 pm Yeah, the best hope for Suikoden is if Eiyuden does well and Konami takes notice that there is still some viability in the franchise. Whether that's likely or not is anyone's guess.
If Eiyuden exceeded everyone's expectations and sold a ton of copies, do you think Konami would take notice and revive Suikoden? A part of me thinks they wouldn't. They got a gold mine of IPs and do absolutely nothing with them. They simply could careless in my opinion.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

If Eiyuden does well enough and they think they can make money off the original IP, they'll do something. It might be licensing the characters to fighting games or making some mobile game or other, though. They haven't made a console game since 2009 (I believe), so that road is pretty much a dead end.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

wataru14 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:51 pm If Eiyuden does well enough and they think they can make money off the original IP, they'll do something. It might be licensing the characters to fighting games or making some mobile game or other, though. They haven't made a console game since 2009 (I believe), so that road is pretty much a dead end.
That's what i meant. A proper main Suikoden title. But i agree with you, they wouldn't hesitate to make a lousy spin off mobile game or whatever.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

JuveLeo wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:51 am
wataru14 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:32 pm Yeah, the best hope for Suikoden is if Eiyuden does well and Konami takes notice that there is still some viability in the franchise. Whether that's likely or not is anyone's guess.
If Eiyuden exceeded everyone's expectations and sold a ton of copies, do you think Konami would take notice and revive Suikoden? A part of me thinks they wouldn't. They got a gold mine of IPs and do absolutely nothing with them. They simply could careless in my opinion.
After Bloodstained, they re-released several Castlevania games. Re-releasing all Suikoden games to current consoles and PC would already be a great first step. If Eiyuden, does really well in the end, I could imagine some kind of cooperation between Murayama and Konami on a new Suikoden title.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Antimatzist wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:46 pm
JuveLeo wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:51 am
After Bloodstained, they re-released several Castlevania games. Re-releasing all Suikoden games to current consoles and PC would already be a great first step. If Eiyuden, does really well in the end, I could imagine some kind of cooperation between Murayama and Konami on a new Suikoden title.
Don't get my hopes up, dude lol. I hope Eiyuden does well and what you say becomes a reality. I don't trust Konami though.