Suikoden 1 question

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
merlin

Suikoden 1 question

Post by merlin »

I know this is an odd question but I'm considering buying the two psone games and while I was searching Amazon for the two games I came across two different Suikoden 1s for the Psone. Now I was wondering if anyone ever heard of Konami releasing two different versions or did they re-release the game after they release it the first time.

Here is the product details from Amazon on both versions of Suikoden 1:

Product Details
ASIN: B00002STPG
SKN: Discontinued 04-29-03 SKN 571644

ASIN: B000H45CIO
Product Dimensions: 1 pounds
Average Customer Review: based on 1 review. (Write a review.)
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #4,217 in Computer & Video Games (See Top Sellers in Computer & Video Games)
Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes

Now the funny thing is that the first one is the cheaper one and has more reviews then the second one listed.
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

They are completly the same mate don't worry im not fully sure why the game is listed twice i had thought 1 would have been the European cover version and the other the US cover version like on Amazon.co.uk (noticed you were browsing .com)
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
merlin

Post by merlin »

Nah I'm not that stupid. I live here in the good old Usa and I would never order anything from over seas. But it is good that I was able to find one a bit cheaper then usual. Now all I need is to find a Suikoden 2 cheaper but I have time I'm not going to buy both games for a few months. And when I talk about cheaper I mean below hundred dollars. I don't mind paying normal video game price.
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

If your ok with second hand versions Ebay has some available below $100 and from what i have seen some seem in very good condition but check reliability of seller :D
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
merlin

Post by merlin »

i know what you mean I can tell you one place I won't buy from and that's from Half.com. I have had too many bad expierences buying from them in the past. I know a lot of people put down Ebay and Amazon but I haven't had a bad expierence with either yet. I was planning on buying Suiko 1 from a Gamestop near my hometown but for some odd reason they stopped dealing with Psone games altogether. And when I said stopped I mean stopped buying, selling, and trading. I know this because I went there two days ago to trade in a psone game for another game and they told me they don't deal with psone games anymore.
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Yeah alot of gameshops in the UK have completly stopped dealing in PS1 games and they have done for a while but i also must say i have never had a bad experience with Amazon or Ebay.