Suikoden I & II PSP Translation

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Persmerga

Suikoden I & II PSP Translation

Post by Persmerga »

Does anyone know if there are any translations available for the PSP version of Suikoden I & II for all games Japanese text.

I seen on various sites that people have been talking about making a translation available just wondering if anyon knows of any?

Cheers
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
oops

Post by oops »

would love this to happen, altho I have managed to complete it quite easy without. Just the odd selection I had difficulty with since I couldnt understand :D
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Yeah probably quite easy but don't want to be deciphering japanese all day will hurt my head lol.
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
Veritas

Post by Veritas »

cant remember what forum it was on but it was saying its hard to translate it due to the text file is mixed in with game code and it would take forever.
War solves everything, No man, no problem
~ Joseph Stalin
KarayanWarriorHugo

Post by KarayanWarriorHugo »

Although the game's Japanese, does it work with American PSPs?
"There is a thing called flow in this world. There is a thing called timing in warfare. If we lose this opportunity, we will never defeat the Empire!" - Mathiu Silverburg
Iris

Post by Iris »

I think if you have a patch that can translate games it should work fine.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

KarayanWarriorHugo wrote:Although the game's Japanese, does it work with American PSPs?
Yes karayan as long as the game is not japan only it can be played on the psp. suikoden 1&2 on psp is not japan only so you can play it on your psp.
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Dark yuber Knight

Re: Suikoden I & II PSP Translation

Post by Dark yuber Knight »

I think he wants to know if you can get Suikoden 1&2 on Psp in English. Can you get Suikoden 1& 2 on psp in English with out dubs/subtitles
linkboy

Re:

Post by linkboy »

lucreborn wrote:
KarayanWarriorHugo wrote:Although the game's Japanese, does it work with American PSPs?
Yes karayan as long as the game is not japan only it can be played on the psp. suikoden 1&2 on psp is not japan only so you can play it on your psp.
Actually it doesn't matter if a PSP game is Japanese, European, American. The system is region free for PSP games (it was only the UMD movies that were region locked).
Dark yuber Knight wrote:I think he wants to know if you can get Suikoden 1&2 on Psp in English. Can you get Suikoden 1& 2 on psp in English with out dubs/subtitles
If you're running a Custom Firmware, its possible to convert the PS1 games so you can play them on your PSP
What Degree

Post by What Degree »

I would think there there will be a patch to be made for the games, mainly because I have been seeing people selling their copies of Suikoden II like crazy and make a couple of bucks while they still can.
Maximz

Post by Maximz »

Sorry for reviving an old topic but, this seems to be the topic where I might get the answer i'm looking for. My question is, For the PSP game Suikoden I+II is there any translation patch at all? I've been playing it using this kanji http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/930093-suik ... faqs/45819 here from gamefaqs however it only goes as far as Suikoden I and little bits of Suikoden II it doesn't have everything i need to finish Suikoden II. right now i've reached Mt. Rakutei and the Hero has a armor that I found previously but, I don't remember what it is or what it does so i'm looking for and hoping someone has translated the game or atleast portions of the game to the point where menus,armors, and runes are in english (im not so big on the storyline since i've played both games in english). If anyone knows of a Translation patch for the game please let me know ^_^ ....and once again i'm sorry for reviving and old thread for something like this I was unsure as to where else to post V_V
AuthenticM

Post by AuthenticM »

Why hasn't there been a fan translation for this compilation? I don't understand; less popular games get some, and both Suikoden I and II already are in English on their playstation versions, so unless the script has changed a lot, it shouldn't take that long to make this happen, no? I've googled this subject a lot and did not find anything. What gives?
Tonel

Post by Tonel »

I believe there is a ROM hack out in English but PSP emulators are crap unless you got the right computer for running it.

I would too like to have a legit copy in english..someday.....
We have an embarrassment of riches. Is there any way to make sense of it all?
rickstilwell1

Post by rickstilwell1 »

Well, rom hacks are supposed to work on modded PSPs just fine. It lets you play pirated PS1 and PSP games as long as the format is correct. That should work the same for translated roms.