If I bought Suikogaiden Vol.1 and Vol.2, how would I use it?

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Stalphose

If I bought Suikogaiden Vol.1 and Vol.2, how would I use it?

Post by Stalphose »

Could it even run on my PS2?
Or what would I need to buy if it can't?
I know there's something out there that lets foreign games play on your system.
I've really been looking forward to this game.
Please tell me if there is any possibility of it playing on a PS1, or PSX, or PS2...
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

I think you need a mod chip to soder into your system witch could ruin it if you do it wrong, another option is import a ps2 witch could be quite expensive, also heard something about a add on you just slip over your ps2 havnt heard much on that though.
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

There is a mod chip for the psx, that I have, that you just plug it right into your back port, and to get it to work, you turn it on, with a US game in it, let it read the disc, wait till it stopped spinning, place your gaiden disc into it, and then hit start on the mod's menu. Simple, yes. I love my mod chip.

As for the ps2. There are two types of mods you can use. One is the flip top, which I wouldn't really try because you have to damage your ps2 in the process, and then there is the magic swap (think that's what it's called) it's basically a disc you put in, and then you pull it out using a contraption so you can put the imported/burnt game into the system. I don't have either for my ps2, so I don't really know what else to say on those.
chinista

Post by chinista »

only a japanese ps unit or a modified one can play it. sad to say but suikogaiden 1 and 2 are for collection purposes only unless you can read japanese then it's a great find.