Imported Sui5, what to do with the console?

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Enquillion

Imported Sui5, what to do with the console?

Post by Enquillion »

I recently (and carelessly) bought an imported copy of Sui5 without really knowing what imported meant, I merely thought it involved some extra shipping costs. :oops:

Ever since, I've been scouring the net and asking friends. What's my question? Well, all these sites I'm visiting make me feel like a virgin in a sex store. I just have no idea what I need. I only see huge selections but no how-to's.

So now, plain and simple. What do I need to get for my PS2 to make it run Sui5 (US import)? Preferably cheap, and absolutely no soldering.

Thanks in advance.
Basel

Post by Basel »

"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

In other words you need Swap Magic V 3.3 or higher and a Slide Card.
Fiale

Post by Fiale »

Yep, Swap Magic is the easiest way to go, in my opinion. They're up to v3.6 now, v3.3 is what I have and it works great. The main benefit is that it has a lower cost than chipping (I got my Swap Magic + slide card for under £20).

If you have a slimline model, then I think you need something other than the slide card (or a different version of the slide card), but most Swap Magic stockists point out what you need for which version, and usually sell bundles of the discs and the different tools.

And yeah, that topic Basel pointed out is pretty good. Helped me when I imported Suikoden 3, and since then I've also imported Suikoden 5 and had no problems with it.