suiko 2 $119.99?!

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
dryst00

suiko 2 $119.99?!

Post by dryst00 »

on amazon.com suiko 2 brandnew is $119.99?....i think i bought mine new from walmart for like 29.99 when it first came out....why is it so expensive?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

because its rare and 1 of the greatest games out there

damm I wish I had found it for that price, I paid 140 and it was used{came with booklet and cd was actually in mint condition}
Last edited by son_michael on Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It's actually due to the limited supply as well as the ever increasing interest in this series due to the effective marketing strategy of the more recent releases.

Being a good game (debatable) might have an effect on the price, but it's rather inconclusive. Does a game that's available in huge volume back then and thus sold at a much lower price today mean it's no good?
dryst00

Post by dryst00 »

i remember it was cheap cause it was suppose to flop because it came out like right before ff8
wilkamania

Suikoden = investment?

Post by wilkamania »

I bought Suikoden II immediately when it came out for $29.99 and I didn't even know how rare it was until I went to a Coconuts and had a clerk tell me it was rare.

I checked ebay and sure enough, used is atleast $80.

It's videogame valuation at it's best.

Valkyrie Profile is around the same range,

Panzer dragoon SAGA (excellent game!) is going for nearly $200

But I doubt I'd sell it. I'm a huge fan of the series and the suikoden world.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I've seen factory packadged Suikoden 2's for 300$
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

its all bout economics. High demand, low supply equals high price. its very simple and applies to everything not just suikoden 2
Raftrider

Post by Raftrider »

I wish I had purchased more copies when the game was released...you know, just as a safety blanket. On the subject of this, has anyone noticed any bugs in their copy of Suikoden II?
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Raftrider wrote:I wish I had purchased more copies when the game was released...you know, just as a safety blanket. On the subject of this, has anyone noticed any bugs in their copy of Suikoden II?
Yeah, there are a lot of bugs, especially in the US version. I believe the explanation I heard was due to the US version being rushed out to stores.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
Ezekiah-1681

Post by Ezekiah-1681 »

Hopefully, Game Quest Direct can help convince Konami to re-release Suikoden II. These prices are absurd, regardless of economics.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Well, hopefully they will release the PSP re-releases of the games over here. Gosh, I'm glad my persuasion is very good. For three years now I've been bugging and persuading my friend to give me her Suikoden II game, and she finally did this year for my birthday, but it isn't the price of the game nor its rariety, it was the first game to keep me awake for three days in a row with only 2 1/2 hours of sleep, also since I borrowed it from her, I couldn't get it out of my head or even my mouth. It feels really nice to hold Suikoden II in my hands. But yes, hopefully Konami will release the re-releases of them for the PSP over here.
Walrus Man

Post by Walrus Man »

I live in the hurricane wrath zone, so when I left for Ivan I took my pets and some clothes and buried deep in my suitcase, my precious suikoden 2.

Im not shelling out another hundred bucks. well yes I would.
Mazus The Mage

Post by Mazus The Mage »

haha i payed like 15 bucks for my suikoden1 and it was new!
i payed like 20 for 2 and it was new!

I was wise and realised what a treasure the series was before the prices shot up.

I would sell them if i didnt replay them on such a regular basis.
All men dream but not equally Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act on their dreams with open eyes to make them possible
Beelzebub

Post by Beelzebub »

I might try the flea market, but the best bet is to get those fools at Konami to release suikoden I + II over here. Man Konami really screwed up on the PSP.
"Who can you pray to? Only demons and fiends are here."
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

Lol I have seen once the game go for $200..... It's sad people only think about greedy $$$$$ and buy tons of copies of it to gain money of it later by ripping off fans who really want to play the game.