Rhapsodia

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

umm i'm from nyc. The game is still being sold brand new at Best Buy.
It'll disappear from the shelves later on because of newer games (madden 2006 everywhere). Then you just order it online. Suikoden 4 won't be like 2 for a while, where you need to get it from ebay for $100.
Strategy is the key to victory!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

what burrow do you live in? Im in staten island, I havent checked best buy, but ive noticed all the regular gamestores stop selling them, regardless suikoden is always very rare and dissapears very quick

no one will ever have to pay more than 50 bucks for suikoden 4, even when it gets super rare like suikoden 2
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

i'm from Queens.
Some game stores primarily RE-sells used games. It's still a bit early I guess for suiko4 to be a used game for many people because the of New Game+ playthroughs. Some people might keep it for the suiko series collection purposes, like me. I'm guessing most of the people who buy suiko4 will keep it for collection purposes since there aren't too many who just want to play it soley for fun after hearing the reviews on the game.

So if nobody sells their suiko4 to a game store, that store most likely won't have it.
In fact, i went to one near Queens Center Mall to get suiko4 for cheap(used), but they didn't have it so i just walked over to Best Buy and got it brand new for $30.
But yea, you can't find find suikoden 1 and 2 in nyc anymore. I personally got the last used copy of suikoden 1 from an ebgames store. No one is gonna sell these games to a game store when they can sell it for much more on ebay.

Rhapsodia releases in the US on November 15th with pre-order prices of $30. hmm, okay i'll probably just buy it around that price then.

By the way, is there a strategy guide out or planned for Rhapsodia/Suikoden Tactics?
blue_lightning

UK release???

Post by blue_lightning »

I don't know if anyone has heard anything but will Rhapsodia be released in the UK at all? if it is (YAY) any ideas of when? It was incredibly annoying when S3 never got put out here. :cry: PAL versions are so convienient
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Konami has said that they plan on releasing Suikoden Tactics in the PAL region sometime around February 2006.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

1 more month before it's released in the US. Can't wait...

Anyway is there a strategy guide for rhapsodia/suikoden tactics out in japan with the game?

I'm hope there's a good strategy guide for this tactics game like the official guides for FF tactics and Front Mission games where they detail map, enemies, and secrets.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

There is a strategy guide out in Japan, but it's not a complete version. Japan has the odd practice of releaseing incomplete guides that only cover about 3/4ths of the game so as to not spoil everything. Later on, they publish complete guides (usually 1 or 2 months later).
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Those incomplete guides are never worth it. They usually contain less or just the same kind of info already on a good number of Japanese sites.
Nighteyes

Post by Nighteyes »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:
Anyway is there a strategy guide for rhapsodia/suikoden tactics out in japan with the game?
Apparently Bradygames are making a strategy guide: http://www.bradygames.com/title/0744006465
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

The game and brady strategy guide is scheduled to be released at Best Buy stores on 11/11/05.

i'm buying the strategy guide for secrets, turn-limit battles (if any), and conditions for high-rated (excellent) or perfect victories.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I believe the battles are ranked and I'm currently on the fence about getting the strategy guide. I'm thinking of purchasing it simply because its suikoden memorabilia.
I hope everything is going delicious.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

then i'm striving for condition of top rank victories. I'm a strategy freak lol.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I never get the strategy guides for anythign suikoden because you can preety much find any guide you wan ton gamefaqs and quite franklly I just dont have alot of money to splurge and I have enough old books and magazines as it is
The Bryan

Post by The Bryan »

Hey i just bought it today for 40$ at gamestop :)

Im gunna start playing it soon
WERD
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I like the little advertisement for Suikoden V on the back of the instruction manual.