How many of you purchased from eBay?

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Kwaky

How many of you purchased from eBay?

Post by Kwaky »

Hey, I was thinking about buying from eBay, but I wanted some comments first... I just wanted to know who successfully bought Suikoden from eBay. And for how much?
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

I purchased Suikoden 1 and 2 from ebay. I got S1 for £40 and S2 for £60 i got mine within 2 days of purchase and they were in tip top condition.

But just depends on the person you buy them from but other than that it should be fine.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

im going to quote my 1 of my many post instead of making a new 1...

son_michael wrote:Your preety much guaranteed to find suikoden 1 and 2 at half.com

I payed 50 bucks for 1 and that came with the case and no scratches but no booklet either

and I think I payed 140 bucks for suikoden 2{been almost a year now so I dont really remember} with booklet,cd mint condition and case with minor scratch on case

and suikoden 3 was 20 bucks, also mint condition cd with case but no booklet

by the way I was 100 percent satisfied and dont regret paying all that money and also sorry for the people here on the boards who read almost exact posts of what im saying right now, Im just trying to help this person and all those other people out, so again sorry for repeating myself over and over again

so there ya go, yes I bought 1 2 and 3 on ebay{half.com is ebay just without auctioning} and the prices are listed above
Yubers-Apprentice

Post by Yubers-Apprentice »

I didn't purchase from from eBay I bought it from my local Gamestop.
I've beaten Suikoden 1,Suikoden 2,Suikoden 3,Suikoden 4

I still have to beat Suikoden 5...

"Patience is a Virtue"

"If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life then let's all get drunk and have a good
time."
Tobias Amherst
Location: Last seen gaining tons of experience off Doremi Elves

Post by Tobias Amherst »

I only got S1 from Ebay (about $35) and I had S3 and S4. S2 is a dillema that is posing a hazard to me.
Tobias Amherst
Chitoko Star
How to recruit: Bring him some Terbium and he'll join. Bring Nash for a hidden scene.
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

To date I have purchased 6 copies of Suikoden II (don't ask), the SII strategy guide, 3 Suikoden CDs and a few other Suikoden books in Japanese from eBay.

My experience with eBay has been good for the most part. One copy of Suikoden II had the case cover completely broken in two, but that may have been from shipping. Usually the items are pretty much sent as described.

What you do need to watch out for is incomplete games. For example, an auction may say "BOTH CASE AND DISK ARE IN MINT CONDITION!!!!1," but that often means that they don't have the instruction manual anymore. Also, I've seen at least one counterfeit auction for the games, I'm sure there's more out there.

Also, if you're looking to buy a Suikoden music CD, chances are close to 100% that what you're buying on eBay is counterfeit. Unless you're paying $30+ for a game music CD, it's usually a fake. Such is life.

There's always games up for sale on eBay. To make sure you're not getting screwed, always check the "completed listings" by checking that named box on the left-hand side of the screen. That way you can see what it has been selling for recently. Prices actually do fluctuate pretty often, for example, a used Suikoden II was selling for about $80 last month, it's more like $95-110 now, and has been as high as
son_michael wrote:140 bucks
in the past. Good luck!
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

You also get some people that make you wait so long to get certain items i purchased Suikoden III two weeks ago and it is still not here. :evil:

Fingers crossed it comes tomorrow
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

email the seller and ask him if he sent the game, if so then wait, if its international it should take about 1-3 weeks

but if the seller dosent respond at all then contact ebay and let them know, they will give you some money back and ban the sellers account, quite possibly take legal action 2 that is if you wanna pursue something like that

but im sure everythings fine, I waited weeks for my copy of suikoden 2 and my seller told me he sent it but then 2 weeks later it was mailed back to him because he didnt send it out properly, so stuff happens be patient and work with the seller and be sure to check how theve ben rated by other users to get a better idea if this persons a trustworthy source to buy from
Night

Post by Night »

I've bought both Suikoden I and III from eBay. Suikoden I was for about £60, and to be honest the disc is in pretty poor condition and that's a deep scratch in it, which causes it to crash on PS1's (which the seller "neglected" to mention). Luckily, though, it works perfectly on the PS2.

Suikoden III was about £30 - £35, and I think it was still sealed. However, it cost a bit extra to get it shipped over from the US to the UK, and I had to buy Swap Magic to actually be able to play it on my PAL PS2.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

I have bought Suikoden on the Saturn Card Stories and Suikogaiden Vol.2 from ebay and all in the condition they were described, Suikogaiden was sealed.

So ebay is a good source as long as you are mindful of the seller, they didn't take long to arrive either.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Basel

Post by Basel »

I bought two copies of Suikoden II from eBay for around $85. The two sellers have high feedback. The first one arrived after 2 weeks in a good condition. However, the second one arrived after 3 weeks in a very bad condition. I contacted eBay and got refund for the second one.

If you receive a copy from a seller that is not as described just contact eBay before you reach the 60th days after your purchase date.
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

People who definately would do anything for the games, I think should just pirate it. I know it's not very supportive of me to say, but I'd rather do that than not get the privilege of playing the game. It would just be their loss if they can't own the original casing and booklet, like all us Suikoden vets do.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well I got into suikoden about a year before 4 came out and Im certainly no vet, yet since that time I aquired all 4 games and my suikoden 2 came with the booklet and case and both were mint condition including the cd

so my point.. you dont have to be a vet to find the old games with booklets and cases

even though I didnt get booklets with 1 and 3 there out there too
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

I bought Suikoden off my friend in the year 1998, he said he hated it, sold it to me for 5 dollars. I liked it so much that I went and bought Suikoden II the first day it released, same with III.
Basel

Post by Basel »

Anamanaguchi wrote:I bought Suikoden off my friend in the year 1998, he said he hated it, sold it to me for 5 dollars. I liked it so much that I went and bought Suikoden II the first day it released, same with III.
What about Suikoden IV?