I have an S2 copy I'd like to sell...

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
ForeverZero

I have an S2 copy I'd like to sell...

Post by ForeverZero »

I bought the game off of EB Games for $15, got some great times out of it, and figured if It's going to be sitting there I should sell it.

I have some questions reguarding selling this game...

-What is the average price for an S2 CD in average condition? It has scratches, but no serious ones, and it has never had problems loading or functioning. I lost the manual however, but still have the front cover of it as well as the CD Case.

-What is the best means to go about selling this? Would Ebay be the way to go? What are the odds of getting scammed, etc?

Thanks for any help.
ForeverZero

Post by ForeverZero »

(The edit button seems to have vanished...)

Btw, here are two pictures of the CD, front and back. The back side is scratchy, but it still works fine. Is there anyway to remove scratches to make it easier to sell?

http://www.roschmuck.com/personal/s21.jpg

http://www.roschmuck.com/personal/s22.jpg

EDIT Works for me, no images in posts.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

a few months ago I bought suikoden 2 on half.com for 140 us dollars{I really wanted it and do not regret spending that much because the game was totally worth it!}

the original retail price of a playstation game was about 30 to 40 bucks but because of the rarity of this game you could sell it very high, I dont think you should go over A hundred bucks though

I have a store near me that completley cleans and any disk and removes any scratches from it for a mere 5$ so you should see if any gaming or stores that import stuff have as machine that can do that for you

if you cant clean it right and remove the scratches then you should sell it for about 50 to 60 bucks and tell your customer that hes buying with those scratches so he cant ask for a refund because of scratches

so you should play the game again just to make sure it works, play it on ps2 and ps1 if you can and if it works regardless of the scratches tell your potential buyers that you tested and it works and that there will be no refunds

the best place to sell it would be half.com because auctions can take A long time and people can bid very low and ofter someone can get A game for very little money by an auction

and dont ship the game until you recieve your money

hope that helps you out
ForeverZero

Post by ForeverZero »

Thanks alot for the help.

One last question about the scratches: Would using something like this be advisable?
http://www.digitalinnovations.com/skipd ... anced.html

It leaves a neat pattern so you can tell it's been cleaned, but it would look much better than it does now. However, I'm not sure if cleaning it that way would lower it's value.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

try finding A store that can clean the disk first{in your local area}

then I guess if you wanna spend 30 bucks buy that machine, it looks like itll work but it says it only cleans 50 cds so I dont think the purchase would be worth it{your goal is to make money not lose out on it}

if you want another sure fire way to sell the game try getting 1 of your friends to play it at your house and get him hooked then try and get him to give you 20 bucks for it or something

if the game has no scratches, case is good condition and game plays great you should be able to sell it for about 60 to 80 bucks

however with a booklet you could sell it 100+ probably

if you sell it and it looks like it isnt new and tampered with but still has booklet and case, you would probably have to sell it around 50 to 60 bucks

good luck selling it but I really think you should reconsider because that game is undoubtedly 1 of the greatest games ever made and people would kill for it

I spent over 200 bucks of my savings money when I didnt have a job! to get suikoden 1-3 on half.com and I do not regret it! and id do it all over again!
now with suikoden 4 I own every suikoden game released in america and soon I will own suikoden rhapsodia as well aka suikoden tactics
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I'm sorry, but this is not Ebay. Simply because you're looking to sell doesn't mean you should make a thread concerning this. That, and images are not allowed in post. I'm fairly certain this sort of thing is against the rules, because I doubt anyone at Suikosource would want to assume responsibility if somethere ill were to happen.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

So long as this sticks to removing scratches and does not end in people making offers then it is within the rules.

Suikosource will not be held responsible as a sales intermediary so any such transactions need to occur in private; preferably away from the forums.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
Blackblade27

Post by Blackblade27 »

Just giving someone info about selling isn't against any rules. If they were trying to sell it through a thread then it would be. Nothing wrong with sharing information.
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
ForeverZero

Post by ForeverZero »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:I'm sorry, but this is not Ebay. Simply because you're looking to sell doesn't mean you should make a thread concerning this. That, and images are not allowed in post. I'm fairly certain this sort of thing is against the rules, because I doubt anyone at Suikosource would want to assume responsibility if somethere ill were to happen.
I'm sorry, but I'm just trying to get information about selling the game. Had my thread title been "Selling Suikoden II, COME IN! CHEAP!!!!" I could see a legitimate reason for that. I never said I expected this site to take responsibility for anything, I'm just asking questions about scratches. Did you even read the contents of the post?

I'm sorry about images not being allowed in posts, but it has been taken care of.

Thanks to those who helped, I appreciate the info.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

If I was you I wouldnt sell any suikoden game. They are worth more then you think. Atleast in europe where suikoden 1 and 2 is worth 60-100 dollar and suikoden 3 around 175 dollar.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.