Us ps2, and Suiko 3

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Becca

Us ps2, and Suiko 3

Post by Becca »

Hi, erm...kinda stupid question here but where would be the best place to get a us ps2?

I live in England so I need to find somewhere to import it from, so I can play Suiko3. I don't have a ps2 already so I may as well just get a ntsc one instead of buying one and getting it chipped. Plus I'm not keen on the chipping thing...

So Does anyone have any sugestions? I can't actually afford one yet but I'd like to check out the places where I could buy one from first.

Thanks! :)
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

It all depends on several factors that you may not have considered.

Basically possible payment methods vary depending on who you purchase from; although more overseas sites are expanding their payment options recently; so check before doing anything.

The other issue is location: UK based importers will likely be faster and more reliable, but will almost certainly be more expensive.

Overseas sites tend to be cheaper; but shipping takes longer, will be expensive and there can be delays and charges due to customs duty.

Unfortunately many importers don't tend to be trading under the same names for long so sites disappear (including the one from where I got mine).

Currently, for UK based importers then http://www.newageconsoles.com/ is quick and reliable, but expensive.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

You should also consider the Swap Method
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Does that site ship outside of England, to the whole Europe Shirofan?

Because so far I will be getting mine from EB with a probable shipping more that the console it self, plus any tax once it gets here.

If anyone knows any sites that ship to the whole Europe let me know, I can get my US PS2 cheaper that way.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Also, would they ship to Australia?
Anyways, how would this work? Wouldn't you need a US power point to plug the US PS2 into? Australia/Europe have different power cables/points the the US, right?
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

Most of Europe needs an item called a stepdown convertor; in order to change the voltage from the European standard of 220-240V to the US 110-120V otherwise it will damage the console.

This item is relatively cheap and doubles as a convertor for the different plug types.

And I'm afraid I have no idea what that importer's overseas shipping capabilities are; but if you are looking at importing from that kind of source then I'd personally try and find one local to your own country as import duty will still apply.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

For the step down converter look here is worldwide shipping.

I don't think I can find a place locally so I'm going to look in another British site I know that does ship here, they may have US PS2, if they do I'll post here to let you know.

EDIT: Yes they do!

Check over here, with a power converter and not that expensive, is the Slim version.

I ordered with them so they are trustworthy but they charge you £1 extra if its the first time you order I think this apply only if you are outside of Britain.

Whatever the case they are a lot better than whatever EB will charge for shipping and it will come quicker.

The link is not to the console directly use the search above PS2, console, US.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~