[FAQ] Stuck in Obel? Not sure what to do? READ BEFORE ASKING

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: [FAQ] Stuck in Obel? Not sure what to do? READ BEFORE ASKING

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:The recruitable SODs don't need to be recruited

Yu must be recruited right? Although i'm sure you can skip Adrianne and Cedric. I remember doing it before.

Antimatzist wrote:I think you need all the citizens for the evacuation.

Aha, thanks I see...so in order to proceed you need Yu + all citizens willing to escape.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yu is a must Adrienne and Cedric are not ammust, but you need a minimum amount of recruits in order to proceed with the story.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

For some reason, I remember not recruiting Yu until Obel liberation
Maybe you guys are just reading on this website and not actually tried it?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:Yu is a must Adrienne and Cedric are not ammust, but you need a minimum amount of recruits in order to proceed with the story.
2 optional recruits. I mentioned it some years ago too in this thread, as I can see.
gildedtalon wrote:For some reason, I remember not recruiting Yu until Obel liberation
Maybe you guys are just reading on this website and not actually tried it?

Really? I tried to leave without Yu but nothing happened. Maybe you were mistaken with Carrie or Trishtan?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Lino says you need a doctor before leaving the island, so I think Yu is probably essential. In Tactics We recruit Yu later than Carrie.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:Lino says you need a doctor before leaving the island, so I think Yu is probably essential. In Tactics We recruit Yu later than Carrie.
Well makes sense a doctor should be essential in a castle or in a ship in this case. But on the other hand Yu never took part on the main plot.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:Lino says you need a doctor before leaving the island, so I think Yu is probably essential. In Tactics We recruit Yu later than Carrie.
Well makes sense a doctor should be essential in a castle or in a ship in this case. But on the other hand Yu never took part on the main plot.
The chief doctor normally does have a key role in the main story line in each Suikoden game, and the writers probably did intend for Yu to do something important, but as we know, Suikoden 4 is a very underdeveloped game, so it never worked out that way.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:
The chief doctor normally does have a key role in the main story line in each Suikoden game, and the writers probably did intend for Yu to do something important, but as we know, Suikoden 4 is a very underdeveloped game, so it never worked out that way.

In S3 chief doctor (Tuta) wasn't even a non-optional character. He was an optional one.

Yeah indeed it's underdeveloped, but you've got to admit mini-games and treasure hunting was way more developed than the main plot. Also you can win many rare items via those games, and net-fishing too.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:
In S3 chief doctor (Tuta) wasn't even a non-optional character. He was an optional one.
Yeah S3 didn't have any major medical drama (would have been nice if we actually got to see Tuta do something other than treat the sick child at the inn)
Liukan did quite a lot, as he gave us the antidote for Milich's poisonous flowers and helped cure the dragons, Huan treats Nanami after she gets shot and also has a part in Clive's side quest, and Silva is very involved with Lordlake and Lyon's treatment after she gets stabbed.
Maybe there should have been a moment where Yu helps Ramada recover from the poisoned dart.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:
Yeah S3 didn't have any major medical drama (would have been nice if we actually got to see Tuta do something other than treat the sick child at the inn)
Liukan did quite a lot, as he gave us the antidote for Milich's poisonous flowers and helped cure the dragons, Huan treats Nanami after she gets shot and also has a part in Clive's side quest, and Silva is very involved with Lordlake and Lyon's treatment after she gets stabbed.
Maybe there should have been a moment where Yu helps Ramada recover from the poisoned dart.

It's a mystery how he recovered. You can see him in a later scene when he receives another poison dart, and from what I see in his bio he recovered again after Cray was defeated.

Seems like Cray's darts weren't poisonous...and they were just causing sleep. :|

But still how they could sneak into Kooluk when it was still guarded? Ramada perhaps had some connections and friends since his time when he was their ally, so they let him in I suppose. :?
Nashyx

Post by Nashyx »

Thank you 16 years in the future for this post Oppenheimer!
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I had to recruit at least 1 character to continue the story after defeating the 2 Golems in the Ruins. I recruited Ornan, after that the mermaid showed up with the story event
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account