CM and CA?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
wataru14
Guide Writer

CM and CA?

Post by wataru14 »

In the Bestiary of the Bradygames Guide it lists each enemy having resistances to CM and CA. Does anyone have any idea what that means?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: CM and CA?

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Are those the only resistances?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

No, they have the five elemental Runes, Punishment, Blinking, and Soul Eater besides CM and CA. Then they have Charm, Teleport, Sleep, and Death. It's possible they are placeholders and there is no element there?

https://i.imgur.com/GJMHOn4.jpg

I'm inclined to think that it's garbage data since nearly every creature in the book as 20s for all elements and one box filled in for each of the four statuses (10% since there are 10 boxes in each of the four rows?). In terms of their stats, a LOT of the monsters have the save value for every stat that isn't HP, Attack, or Defense. I think someone went a little copy/paste crazy and no one checked the data.

If CA is a real thing, whatever it is Demon Hairball has a 45, Land Dragon has a 30, and Fossil Beast has a 10 when nearly everything else has a 20.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Nah, they seem to have taken it from the japanese guide cause it uses the same bars for the status effects and also almost every resistance is 20 in that too.

And the elements seem to correspond in placement so CM would be "nothing" which I assume is non-elemental attacks and the CA seems to be physical attacks.

Don't know how they figured those shorthands though.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Cool. Thanks!
Dhyerwolf

Post by Dhyerwolf »

If ever possible, I'd love to know the Sleep/ID resistances for the enemies in the final dungeon at least.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:36 amAnd the elements seem to correspond in placement so CM would be "nothing" which I assume is non-elemental attacks and the CA seems to be physical attacks.
Maybe the abbreviations mean common magic and common attack?