⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
srd_27

Re: Suikoden Stardle

Post by srd_27 »

For characters that appears in multiple games, feels awkward that the silhouette can be from a game they aren't a Star on. Though i imagine it'll be too much hassle for this to be changed, and it only applies for a small amount of characters anyway.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

That is true. The way it works is it grabs the first image in that characters entry in the character list. We actually had some nasty bugs in the beginning where some s1 characters had their first picture be the conversation square picture which doesn't lend itself to silhouetting. We fixed all those, we think.

As far as characters whose first appearance is a non star appearance but they showed up as a star in later games: It is trivial to fix any given character we know will be a problem, but finding those needles in this haystack is kind of tough. I'll try and think of some other characters who would have that problem.
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

Just curious; is Stardle updated at a specific time?
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

after 100-200 stars or so, will there be a reshuffling on the list? Cause eventually, regular players might be able to eliminate incorrect guesses by knowing who's already featured in previous stardles
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Can't believe I missed this one

Suikoden Stardle #19: X/8
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛🟨⬛🟨
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛🟨🟩⬛
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

srd_27 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:28 am after 100-200 stars or so, will there be a reshuffling on the list? Cause eventually, regular players might be able to eliminate incorrect guesses by knowing who's already featured in previous stardles
That's a good point. Right now it is just a shuffling which means that will be true. Essentially the first 500-some days of stardle are 'planned out', which will have the problem you describe. This was done for no purpose than convenience (the SQL query was very easy to write). I'm happy to switch to a randomization at some point soon.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

KingSpilly wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:38 am Just curious; is Stardle updated at a specific time?
It's based on midnight the server time. So every timezone in the world has a different switchover hour. I've never actually looked into what this is, but I'm guessing it's midnight US/Eastern time.

At first I looked into making this midnight for the user timezone, which is I think how wordle and the like do it, but I would have to make the game with a more complicated architecture to do it.
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

thcrock wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:33 pm
srd_27 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:28 am after 100-200 stars or so, will there be a reshuffling on the list? Cause eventually, regular players might be able to eliminate incorrect guesses by knowing who's already featured in previous stardles
That's a good point. Right now it is just a shuffling which means that will be true. Essentially the first 500-some days of stardle are 'planned out', which will have the problem you describe. This was done for no purpose than convenience (the SQL query was very easy to write). I'm happy to switch to a randomization at some point soon.
Personally, I think we're still far from the point where we need a reshuffle, but worth considering to do after couple of months.

Pure randomization might not be that good either, there'll be moments where same characters reappearing in quick intervals.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Ughhh...

Suikoden Stardle #21: X/8
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

More people need to be posting their results. C'mon guys! Lol
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

JuveLeo wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:42 pm Ughhh...

Suikoden Stardle #21: X/8
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

More people need to be posting their results. C'mon guys! Lol
The people at the Suikoden speedrun discord has been posting their results every day
https://discord.gg/pES93ay

Don't know if there's any other places where this have happened.
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

So what were the first two Stardles? I was two days late to the game.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset