Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Hidden Comment Scene in S1

Post by Sasarai10 »

KFCrispy wrote:everyone go replay Suikoden 1 and talk to every character from every angle!

It's not funny,i did it a few months ago,and i got sick of this....but i found only a few hidden dialogues...practically,i've done everything possible in S1...even the hidden dialogues from the shop owners,and almost every single animation in battles... :o
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Sasarai10 wrote:If you speak to Futch at the barn BEFORE meeting Kraze then you'll get an extra dialogue with Ted -if i remember corectly- :)
Added.
Sasarai10 wrote:Another one that hasn't been mentioned yet...Black (Futch's Dragon) reacts differently depending from which side you are talking to him,when he is waiting in the barn along with Futch.

If you talk to him from the front he'll just growl
If you talk to him from the right he'll just open his mouth a little bit
If you talk to him from the left he'll have his mouth open wide
If you talk to him from the behind he'll stand in his 2 legs and pop out his wings

Also sometimes if you talk to him from the behind he'll make a little crouch
Added.
Sasarai10 wrote:When you enter to Marie's inn during the time you work under Kraze you'll find 5 soldiers fighting about who is the best General....the guy who admires Teo will give you an extra comment if you talk to him first every time you enter the inn.
Added.
Sasarai10 wrote:When you have Kanaan in convoy,if you speak to the old man sitting there he'll change his usual quote. Also the guy who teases Kanaan for being fat,he'll make another different comment if you speak to him when you have both Kanaan and the captured bandits in your convoy
Please be more specific.
Old man?
The guy?
Sasarai10 wrote:And YES another one hidden dialogue!!!!

If you speak to the armorer from the village of the Elves before the burndown,he'll provide different comments than the usual...which are ruder. for example instead of the "Which item are you selling?" the armorer of this shop will say "which piece of junk are you selling?" :lol: or when you leave the shop instead of "Thank You" he'll say "Beat it!"
These are no hidden lines, as they always talk like this in the Village of the Elves.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Celes wrote:
Sasarai10 wrote:When you have Kanaan in convoy,if you speak to the old man sitting there he'll change his usual quote. Also the guy who teases Kanaan for being fat,he'll make another different comment if you speak to him when you have both Kanaan and the captured bandits in your convoy
Please be more specific.
Old man?
The guy?
I think he means the NPCs in the Rockland inn. There are two men standing behind the counter, and one of them talks about tea, but he says something rude about Imperials if you have Kanaan in your group. And the old man at the table left of the counter will also make rude remarks about Kanaan if he's in your group.

As for the elf shopkeeper dialogue, maybe somebody has info of all unique dialogues spoken by shopkeepers in different towns? It might make for an interesting in depth "lore" section if you ever consider adding one to the site later on. I kind of like noticing little bits of dialogue that refer to differences between races and cultures in each game.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

We already have the Rockland Inn listed, so I was wondering if Sasarai10 was referring to something else.
Talk to two men in Rocklands inn with Kanaan in convoy.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Sorry for the late reply...

Actually yes there is a different dialogue with elves village shopkeeper than with other shopkeepers.

And i was referring to this old guy sitting on the table next to those 2 inkeepers in Rockland.
andchaos

Post by andchaos »

In the Hidden Comment Scene section there are two Free Healing spots listed

- water of the Hidden rune village
- coffin at Neclord's castle

I remember there was also a third free healing spot in the Qlon temple
you could rest for free in the top-left corner of the temple in the bed
There was no menu or click confirmation needed, just walking into the bed, the screen goes dark for a second and HP/MP are restored