Suikoden Stardle

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
thcrock
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden Stardle

Post by thcrock »

Working on the unite clue. It's a lot of data entry...I'm through doing the data entry for S1 and S2, so 2/5 done. It's kind of time-consuming, but I think it's going to be a very cool clue once it's done.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Been loving it so far. The unite clue will be a great addition to the game.

Also, whenever I try to post my results, it appears to be extremely expanded. Is that on me? I copied and pasted on the first stardle and appeared normally. Now it's just huge
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

JuveLeo wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:51 pm Been loving it so far. The unite clue will be a great addition to the game.

Also, whenever I try to post my results, it appears to be extremely expanded. Is that on me? I copied and pasted on the first stardle and appeared normally. Now it's just huge
Mind posting it here to check?
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

JuveLeo wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:51 pm Been loving it so far. The unite clue will be a great addition to the game.

I see it now. I'm not sure what happened ; it looks like it is just the 'no match' dark square that is very big. I will have to look into it. Frankly I'm new to emoji and just pasted those from a similar game.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I saw people posting these on discord and they looked fine. I think it's two issues:

1. Phpbb doesn't style emojis by default which is needed to constrain their size
2. This appears to only affect the black one so our first postings, which was all green, was unaffected.

I have to figure out how to get a css rule into our Phpbb to display them correctly. But in the meantime posting them elsewhere should probably work.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I needed all the guesses today
Suikoden Stardle #9: X/8
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Couldn't get it. I need to replay Suikoden 3-5 again . Haven't given those 3 games enough love lol
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

now that yesterday's Stardle is done with, having "Group X" as the Suikoden V character's weapons feels really weird
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Yes I wish we had more descriptive weapon types for s5 characters like we do for the other games and it makes stardle days with s5 characters a bit awkward

Unfortunately we would have to rewrite the guide to make this possible (stardle just reads from the database the same grouping format that all the games use for their guides), in addition to manually tagging character weapons with more helpful names.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Got lucky today. Basically a shot in the dark lol.

Suikoden Stardle #11: 3/8
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

First one I lost in a little while

Suikoden Stardle #11: X/8
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛🟨🟩⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛🟨🟩⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Suikoden Stardle #13: 5/8
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

In the last five days or so, I updated Stardle with these:
- When you get it right on the eighth guess, you now see the 'win' message instead of the 'lose' message
- Pop up image on the main page when you finish instead of making you open the silhouette box
- Fix false positives on the unites clue
- Pop up message when you guess something not in the list instead of erroring

Regarding today's: I had a bug report from a user today before I played, so I got spoiled and didn't have a fair game unfortunately.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Suikoden Stardle #14: 4/8
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »