Your taste in music

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Chris_Lightfellow

Re: Your taste in music

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I went and saw Blink182, Fall Out Boy, and Panic! at the Disco in Chicago about 2 weeks ago. Panic was so-so, but the other two were freaking amazing!! Especially Blink and Travis's awesome drum solo-thing at the end. If anyone wants to see it, search Travis Barker drum solo- August 15, Chicago and you should be able to find it. Amazing!
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I have a wide taste in music, the only genres I don't listen to are Rap, Country, Hip-hop and R&B. I'm just not emotionally into those types of music.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

I like darker, industrial stuff. I may have mentioned this before, but I'm on too many forums and I don't remember what I mentioned where.
Non Serviam

Post by Non Serviam »

I already posted this in the introduction thread, but what the hell...

http://www.last.fm/user/Funereality
http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/LucaBlight

A mixture of black/death/doom metal and various other genres...

I can't stand J-Pop, modern top 40, nu-country and most hip hop/rap
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

Latest purchases:

Iron Monkey - Iron Monkey
Iron Monkey - Our Problem
Suffocation - Blood Oath
Poison The Well - The Tropic Rot
Megadeth - Endgame
Kylesa - Static Tensions
Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague

October/November is a strange time of year for music - I'm looking forward to the new Converge, Thrice, Ihsahn, Baroness, Between The Buried and Me and Nile albums (plus possibly more, I can't quite remember I'm a bit drunk)) - don't these companies realise I'm almost brokde! Aargggh!
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I want to see Keane live.
And meet the boys in the band. . .and. . .maybe stalk them a little.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Michael Easton wrote:Latest purchases:

Kylesa - Static Tensions
Iron Monkey are one of my favourite bands of all time, crying shame I was never able to see them before Johnny died. Static Tensions is an unreal album too.

If you like stuff like Kylesa and Baroness, you'd do well to check out a band called Bison BC if you haven't already. They're probably my favourite band out of that psychedelic-influenced sludge style.
Eden

Post by Eden »

I like stuff like Arctic Monkeys, Cat Empire, Creedence Clearwater Revival and Thin Lizzy for example.
The Fool
groovycow

Post by groovycow »

Swing, jazz, big band, opera, classical, rock, metal, Hawaiian, folk, ska, just to name a few I've got an obscure taste in music
"Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed" - Joseph Stalin
Non Serviam

Post by Non Serviam »

been listening to a lot of Manilla Road lately...awesome, overlooked 80s metal band still releasing quality albums...

I haven't purchased any new music lately, aside from pre-ordering the new Katatonia album...being broke sucks, gotta pay the bills, including car payments on a new car I just bought
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:
Michael Easton wrote:Latest purchases:

Kylesa - Static Tensions
Iron Monkey are one of my favourite bands of all time, crying shame I was never able to see them before Johnny died. Static Tensions is an unreal album too.

If you like stuff like Kylesa and Baroness, you'd do well to check out a band called Bison BC if you haven't already. They're probably my favourite band out of that psychedelic-influenced sludge style.
The Iron Monkey CDs I bought are the box set re-issue and they've mislabelled the CDs! Must be the band having one final joke.

I'll check Bison BC out - thanks for the recommendation.

The new Baroness album is amazing - I just can't get over how good it is.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I still haven't heard that yet, it's on my "to listen to" list though lol. Been enjoying the new Culted debut, some good blackened funeral doom right there. Also Bourbon Crow, Wednesday 13's alcoholically themed country project.
avenger

Post by avenger »

i enjoy all sorts of music. from rythem and blues to reggaeton, classical, VIDEO GAME MUSIC, regular rock, and pop and international music.
the music i can't stand is heavy metal .

basically, about 77% of my music is from video games however. and of that 12% is from suikoden alone.
i own almost all the suikoden titled albums. speaking of which, i seriously think suikoden's musical scores and selection is very good. why>? because it is a little from all over the world. you have jazz, middleeastern, light rock, classical and a few others. what are my favorite songs of suikoden? well i'll discuss that in another thread, kay?
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I'm with you, avenger. I listen to mostly VGM and most of that is Suikoden. My favourite spin off album bieng Suikoden Celtic Collection Vol II. I also love celtic/folk music, of course, indie, rock and pop. Some dance music, classical and electro. So ....pretty much most things. Not really into rap, r&b, hip hop and jazz though.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Ohhhhh man how did I miss this....my favorite style of music is Industrial/Alternative/Rock/Metal (although is is very hard to find good Industrial Bands these days) :/

Fav Bands include -

Nine Inch Nails
Beck
The Presets
Static-X
Incubus
Stone Temple Pilots
Velvet Revolver
Ima Robot
Rammstein
ICP
At the Drive-in
Placebo
Coal Chamber
She Wants Revenge
Mushroom Head
Zebrahead
Kittie
Mother Mother
The Vines
The Strokes
Rage Against The Machine
Coldplay
Scissor Sisters
Mindless Self Indulgence
The Golden Filter
Death from above 1979
Benny Benassi
Slipknot
KoRn
Hot Chip
Air
These Arms are Snakes
Vampire Weekend
Black Turtleneck

Just to name a few.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor