Currently Playing?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
JuveLeo

Currently Playing?

Post by JuveLeo »

Decided to create something random. I thought this might be a good topic to generate some discussion.

Anywho, I've been playing Pokemon White for the DS and Yakuza 0 for the PS4. Haven't played a Yakuza game since the original for PS2, so decided to give zero a shot and it's pretty good. Tons of action and has that Shenmue feel to it, which I love.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Currently Playing?

Post by wataru14 »

Not playing anything currently. Waiting for the new Saints Row game to come out in February, though.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I've been playing Immortals Fenyx Rising. I don't like it.
alberto90

Post by alberto90 »

wataru14 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:24 pm Not playing anything currently. Waiting for the new Saints Row game to come out in February, though.
It sucks that the release date was pushed back to august 2022:(
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Finished Persona 5 Strikers. It was free on PS Plus and i enjoyed it. Great story as always and gameplay was similar to Dynasty Warriors, which is fun.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

alberto90 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:15 pm It sucks that the release date was pushed back to august 2022:(
I know! But it's not too much farther off now. My preorder is taunting me in my game library, though. After all the stupid backlash against the new characters I made sure to preorder right away as a show of support to the devs.
alberto90

Post by alberto90 »

wataru14 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:57 pm
alberto90 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:15 pm It sucks that the release date was pushed back to august 2022:(
I know! But it's not too much farther off now. My preorder is taunting me in my game library, though. After all the stupid backlash against the new characters I made sure to preorder right away as a show of support to the devs.
I never really understood everyone's complaints, but what can you do. people are gonna nitpick no matter what, I'm definitely gonna be picking it up on release day!
Mondo

Post by Mondo »

Just got the platinum on Eiyuden Chronicles: Rising, and I'm currently playing Wild Arms 1 on ps4.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Mondo wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:17 am Just got the platinum on Eiyuden Chronicles: Rising, and I'm currently playing Wild Arms 1 on ps4.
Congratulations on the platinum. Wild Arms 1 was a great game for PS1. Never played anything past the second game though. I wonder if the PS store has the sequels
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

JuveLeo wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:39 pm
Mondo wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:17 am Just got the platinum on Eiyuden Chronicles: Rising, and I'm currently playing Wild Arms 1 on ps4.
Congratulations on the platinum. Wild Arms 1 was a great game for PS1. Never played anything past the second game though. I wonder if the PS store has the sequels
You can play Wild Arms 1 and 3 on PS4 currently. I hope they'll also release the other titles in the future.

I just finished Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - imo the weakest in the entire series - and started Disco Elysium. After XC3, it is refreshing to see a game with excellent writing and narrative which actually intellectually challenges the player at times, while also offering super easy and relaxed laughs. I'm just one or two hours in and love it.
Mondo

Post by Mondo »

Thanks, I just got the platinum on Wild Arms! It took me 22 hours.

I just started Exit Fate.
Last edited by Mondo on Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Antimatzist wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:22 am
JuveLeo wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:39 pm
You can play Wild Arms 1 and 3 on PS4 currently. I hope they'll also release the other titles in the future.

I just finished Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - imo the weakest in the entire series - and started Disco Elysium. After XC3, it is refreshing to see a game with excellent writing and narrative which actually intellectually challenges the player at times, while also offering super easy and relaxed laughs. I'm just one or two hours in and love it.
Odd how only 1 and 3 are available. There's obviously a reason for that.

And I've never gotten into Xenoblade, but have always heard high praises. Xenogears spiritual successor, correct?

And I'm currently playing Zelda: Links Awakening for Switch. Such a fantastic game. Remake of the original on Gameboy, so it has that retro Zelda feel, which I absolutely love.
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

I'm a retro pleb, so I'm playing Burnout Revenge and Vampires The Masquerade Bloodlines, lol. Kinda wish Revenge got remastered instead of Paradise.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Burnout Revenge was a great game. Entire series was great. Are you playing the PS2 version?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

JuveLeo wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:59 pm Odd how only 1 and 3 are available. There's obviously a reason for that.

And I've never gotten into Xenoblade, but have always heard high praises. Xenogears spiritual successor, correct?

And I'm currently playing Zelda: Links Awakening for Switch. Such a fantastic game. Remake of the original on Gameboy, so it has that retro Zelda feel, which I absolutely love.
It's surprising that the first Wild Arms has been in the starting lineup of the PS1 Classics program for PS4/5 now with additional trophy support. Wild Arms 3 was one of the few titles available as a PS2 Classic for PS4. I hope they'll release the rest as well.

Yeah, Xenoblade is from the same writer as Xenogears and the Xenosaga trilogy. It's however not as profound and kind of a grind, each game is ~100 h and filled with lots of repetitive and stupid fetch quests. Sometimes, the games get really good though. Xenoblade 3 however completely forgot what it's about and just started interesting themes to never follow up on them. A shame.

Yesterday, also Trails from Zero arrived, which I'm super eager to play. But I need a short JRPG break.