Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
JuveLeo

Re: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

Post by JuveLeo »

Still have to wait roughly another 2 years for this game. I literally can't wait anymore lol.

Anyone see their spinoff game Eiyuden Chronicle Rising that's exclusively on XBOX consoles? It appears to be some side scrolling beat em up with RPG elements. Not my cup of tea, but it looks decent.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

JuveLeo wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:25 am
Anyone see their spinoff game Eiyuden Chronicle Rising that's exclusively on XBOX consoles? It appears to be some side scrolling beat em up with RPG elements. Not my cup of tea, but it looks decent.
It's not exclusive to XBOX, it's coming to all consoles. It's the spin-off they announced at the end of the Kickstarter campaign, an action-RPG-city builder crossover of sorts.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

I could have sworn it was an XBOX exclusive. My apologies for the misinformation.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Their press release was very confusing, I also thought it was an exclusive, but they later clarified.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Thanks for clearing that up lol. I wouldn't mind purchasing it.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

I heard Eiyuden Chronicle will now be released in 2023 instead of 2022. Apparently to make the game bigger. I'm all for them taking their time and making this game the best that it can be.
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

I am just hearing about this for the first time today, been under a rock it seems. But very interested to see how this develops. Are they still doing the kickstarter campaign?
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Kickstarter campaign ended a while ago, as a wild success. I think release date is roughly a year out from now
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Eroschilles wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:59 pm I am just hearing about this for the first time today, been under a rock it seems. But very interested to see how this develops. Are they still doing the kickstarter campaign?
The campaign ended in 2020. They had a late backer store open until August 2021, so you have to wait until the games' releases to buy them.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Was the release date pushed back? If I recall correctly, it supposed to come out in October of this year.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

JuveLeo wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:34 am Was the release date pushed back? If I recall correctly, it supposed to come out in October of this year.
Yes, the original release date was Fall 2022, but they already said they won't make it and it will be released in 2023.

In 2022, Eiyuden Chronicle Rising will be released (it's developed by a different team afaik), but we don't have any exact release date yet.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Damn, I was really excited to play it this year. But I'd rather them take all the time that they need to make this the best possible game they can release.
alberto90

Post by alberto90 »

Loving the art direction, it screams Switch game to me. Bit confused by their decision to commit to an as of yet unknown next-gen Switch though. Are hardware limitations their reasoning behind it? Or something else?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Hardware limitations and uncertainty about the Switch's continued life-span or if Nintendo will release a new console before the game is out or close to it.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
alberto90

Post by alberto90 »

Fair enough I suppose. I do wonder what the future of Switch is supposed to be, anyway.