Blue Moon / Vextor meets with creators

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Vextor
Global Admin

Blue Moon / Vextor meets with creators

Post by Vextor »

Yesterday there was the 6th MUSIC Engine event for the classical composition of Genso Suikoden 2 music. Gerard Angeles told me in advance that some of the creators of the series will attend this event, so I went.

As a result, for the first time I was able to meet with Yoshitaka Murayama, Junko Kawano, Miki Higashino, and Osamu Komuta.
I only had brief moments with Murayama and Higashino, but was able to speak at length with Kawano and Komuta, it was really great.

A photo is available in the below URL in the suikosource facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/truesuikosourc ... ed_comment

One thing Komuta said to me which was interesting is how Konami has tried to revive the franchise, but there are no producers who have the guts to take on the series because of the sheer history and amount of material they need to juggle, and expectations of fans. I did inform them we have some super purist fans who can be quite rabid with finding inconsistencies, but he said he checked Suikosource often to make sure :)

Also, I made sure to tell them all what an incredible thing they created, which impacted all of our lives in myriads of ways. For me, I dedicated a huge chunk of my life into this series, so it was quite wonderful. Kawano was really moved by this, and said she never knew how the series was loved outside Japan. I told her it still keeps expanding. I told Higashino that her music is able to transcend barriers of nationality, culture, etc and appeals to people in various countries, and how incredible it was that she was able to compose such complex music to allow a full orchestra to play.

It was really an awesome time. Hope it can happen again...
sticky-runes

Re: Blue Moon / Vextor meets with creators

Post by sticky-runes »

Nice.

Did Junko Kawano say much about the work she did on the games? Did she mention any favourite characters?
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Vextor wrote: Also, I made sure to tell them all what an incredibe thing they created, which impacted all of our lives in myraids of ways. For me, I dedicated a huge chunk of my life into this series, so it was quite wonderful. Kawano was really moved by this, and said she never knew how the series was loved outside Japan. I told her it still keeps expanding. I told Higashino that her music is able to trancent barriers of nationalit, cluture, etc and appeals to people in various countries, and how incredible it was that she was able to compose such complex music to allow a full orchestra to play.
Excellent, you nailed it!

Btw, all of this is similarly true for the thing you created. Thank you!
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

This is really amazing and moving. If anybody deserved this meet-up, then it is you!

Interesting comment by Komuta. I remember Interviews from the Suikoden V era, where they said they were working on a sequel already. And I guess Komuta lost his interest after Tierkreis didn't go that well ...
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Antimatzist wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:48 am And I guess Komuta lost his interest after Tierkreis didn't go that well ...

Wasn't he behind Tsumuji as well?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

That is so amazing! I really hope they still have a hand in whatever Konami does with the series. It deserves more love!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 am
Antimatzist wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:48 am And I guess Komuta lost his interest after Tierkreis didn't go that well ...

Wasn't he behind Tsumuji as well?
Oh, right, I completely forgot about that. I thought he was not involved.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Well this is pretty fantastic! I've always had this hope nestled in the back of my mind that more will be done with this series. I really believe that someday it will happen. I don't know what form it will take, but there is too much love built into these games from the creators and from the fans for it not to.