What would you use.....

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
suikostinger

What would you use.....

Post by suikostinger »

Ok, so here's the thing......

I found a website that makes custom vinyl clocks. I'm thinking of getting a Suikoden custom clock, here's an example of what they make.

http://imgur.com/a/SIY0A

Where it says FF9, I'm going to put Suikoden down there. But what about where the characters are I'm still not quiet sure what to put there. One of the True Runes? If so, which one is the most important in the whole series, that's the one I want to put there.

Should I put the 3 main characters there from Suikoden 2? If I do, that kinda just covers Suikoden 2, not the series as a whole....

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... rReMz0kKAK

I would just put the three up there, remove the background. Anyone got any suggestions?
sticky-runes

Re: What would you use.....

Post by sticky-runes »

If you're going for that all black outline look, then personally I'd go with the Rune of Punishment because it looks good as a silhouette, or soul eater, as its the most important rune from the very first Suikoden game. The soul eater might look a bit morbid, though, as it's shaped like a grim reaper with a scythe, which might make people think you're counting down the days to some sort of impending tragedy!

If you're all about Suikoden 2, then I'd say go for the black Sword design.

If you want to cover the series as a whole, then use an image of Leknaat. she appears in all of the games, and you can imagine that you're a Tenkai star and she's watching over you.
suikostinger

Post by suikostinger »

I was thinking, if I want to cover all the games as a whole, the rune of Beginning. I know that there hasn't been any solid evidence that the True Rune IS the shield and sword that started the universe, if it was that would be PERFECT to choose. Heck, there might now be evidence that it's actually NOT....I really haven't looked up Suikoden stuff in quiet a while.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rune+of ... enXB7BM%3A

That and I think the rune would look awesome on that clock.....
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

suikostinger wrote:I know that there hasn't been any solid evidence that the True Rune IS the shield and sword that started the universe, if it was that would be PERFECT to choose.
Well, the thing about that is:

1. The creation myth is not a fact, it's a myth. This is the suiko-worlds version of the creation myth in the bible, quran or whatever religous text.

2. Even if the myth is true it specifically says that this is not the case: "The 27 jewels adorning Sword and Shield became the"27 True Runes", and the World came into being." If the True Rune of Beginning is one of the jewels of adorning Sword and Shield then it cannot physically also be Sword and Shield as this would be akin to you wearing your own head as hat.

And if you're going to use it for a clock I'd put some consideration into wheter or not those spikes aren't going to be confusing when trying to read it quickly.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.