Heroic Legend of Arslan, the anime

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Heroic Legend of Arslan, the anime

Post by KFCrispy »

the episodes have gotten better. there were 2-3 episodes that were kinda slow
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

finished watching it. so it's not the complete story! i thought the series seemed a bit short when nearing the end. i look forward to Season 2...
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

There is still one more episode this week.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

oh really? all the online information i read said there are only 23 episodes. it makes sense there's a 24th... that's the usual number.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i have to say the graphics are pretty dope. cell-shaded polygons? however, it's just Dynasty Warriors with a smaller cast.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Probably it was a PSP game and decided to reléase it for PS3-4 or something like that
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

can't believe this was 2 years ago already. i am watching the 2nd season now. it seems the real "Suikoden" style adventure is actually beginning in the 2nd season!
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Enjoy it, cause second season is quite short XD

If you liked it right now there is Shoukoku no Altair on air, is not as good as Arslan, but they have a similar style. There is lot of political intrigue and characters and war between countries and plots and such, may be you'll enjoy it too.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Recently Watched another anime that could perfectly fit as "Suikoden, The animation" this one is called Grancrest Senki, and it even has some sort "runes" XD

Check, it, seriously, is pure suikoden vibe.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Neclord X wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:30 pm Recently Watched another anime that could perfectly fit as "Suikoden, The animation" this one is called Grancrest Senki, and it even has some sort "runes" XD

Check, it, seriously, is pure suikoden vibe.
I'm watching it now. Lots of tragedy! The first couple episodes were hard to follow, as they chose to fast-forward through many events. I'm on episode 11 now and it's not bad.. I am sticking with it because I really liked Record of Lodoss War, and Record of Grancrest War is from the same writer.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Update: as the series continues, it carries the war and political themes we enjoy in Suikoden. Even one of the castles resembles Falena! A lot of reviewers were turned off by Episode 9 because there's a notorious action one of the characters does, but it seemed reasonable to me as a way to further define that character.

And this is pretty unimportant, but I like the opening and end credit music better during the first half of the season.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Another update: Yes this anime is basically a Suikoden anime. Check some of the music! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... gsgb3Efwoy
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

You are still far from my favorite moment in the show. Is in the last quarter of the series. You Will know that momento when you see it, is a mixure of bizarreness, stupidity and badassery XD
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Neclord X wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:18 pm You are still far from my favorite moment in the show. Is in the last quarter of the series. You Will know that momento when you see it, is a mixure of bizarreness, stupidity and badassery XD
haha I'm not sure what section you're talking about, sorry! I finished the series. The origin story for the "Chaos" was interesting but I think they should have worked on developing it throughout the show instead of a "surprise" plot twist (if you can even call it that) at the end with little-to-no consequences. The heroes are just like "oh I understand, but we're going to do it our way anyway"