Gaming mice, anyone?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
alberto90

Gaming mice, anyone?

Post by alberto90 »

Hi! This may not be totally Suikoden-related, but there's a whole community of gamers here so I figured it could be a good place to get an opinion. I've been on a quest to find the right gaming mouse for me for a fair while now, but the options are pretty overwhelming. I've managed to narrow things down to the items on this guide, but I'm still having trouble choosing.

I play a lot of FPS and a decent bit of third-person story games too. Wireless isn't strictly necessary, but I'd definitely prefer something on the lighter side.

I'd love to hear what you guys use and if you'd recommend it to me. Or maybe something from that guide that you think would do just fine for me. TIA!
Rooks

Re: Gaming mice, anyone?

Post by Rooks »

Well, as for me, I use both a Razor Naga and a Logitech G602. The G602 is actually my favorite mouse ever, just due to the weight of it being great for me, and it is functional for all types of games from FPS to MMOs. It has plenty of programmable buttons where you can turn down the DPI for sniping, for example, on the fly. Or, they can be programed for macros or any specific key combo you would want. This also really helps me at my job, as I can program a template for the mouse that lets me shift alphabets and languages on the fly, and just hit a single trigger on the mouse to do basic math functions. It's great. I know people that do AutoCad that love the G-series, too.

The Razor is a really good mouse as well. But it forces you to DL and Sign up for Razor's unnecessary bloatware. Plus, I don't like the lightweight feel of it in my hands, really. But, if you like light and responsive mice, it may be for you.
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

I still use cheap mice and keyboards, despite everything else being high-end, lol. I don't like how a lot of hardware advertised as being "for gamers" are covered in a bunch of annoying lights, only some of which can be turned off.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

If they have lights, I turn them off. That's a prerequisite for my purchase. The mouse should be operated by feel alone, and lights are just dumb, unless you are in a low-light environment. RGB "Gamerz" lighting is just tacky.

My Logitech G602 is mid-range, cost me $40 USD on sale, but has a lot of functionality for productivity. Heck, I've likely made money off of that mouse as an investment. As it saves me a lot of time.