Landis = Sid?

In-Depth topics that fail to give reasons for their hypotheses.
Crowetron

Landis = Sid?

Post by Crowetron »

Forgive me if this has been posted and/or discussed elsewhere, but I was reading a character list on some site and noticed that the last three letters of Landis' name is "Sid" backwards.

Then, I remembered how Landis acted and, seriously, the man's a dead ringer for Chaco's tormentor. Finally, I decided to check the ultimate test and took a look at thier stars.

Landis and Sid both have the same Star. They're both rather psychotic Wingers who seem to act purely on whims. They both look like a make-upless version of The Joker (from Batman, not GS3).

I'm surely not the first one to notice this, but, are Landis and Sid one and the same?
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Leebot

Post by Leebot »

This one goes into the long list of things we have circumstantial evidence for but can never confirm (right alongside "Is Kidd Richmond's son?"). Also, another piece of evidence you missed is comparing Richmond's notes on Sid to Kidd's notes on Landis; they're suspiciously similar.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

They are known to be related.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

I pretty much expected there was nothing canon on the issue. Mostly, I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed this.

And now that you mention it, Kidd did look a bit like good ol' Richmond...
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Their age doesn't synchronize, so they're separate persons. Also, they are officially relatives.
Leebot

Post by Leebot »

I guess it makes sense they would be different. Also, I realized one other piece of evidence that they aren't the same: No level bonus from II to III, unlike other characters which carry over (ie. Futch, Viki)
MarkSee

Post by MarkSee »

They've got different birth dates (although they do share the same star).
They're so alike they might as well be the same person, it would have made a better nostalgia factor :D
That is all.
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

Well, to be fair, two people being alike doesn't mean they're the same person.

For example, Gremio and Lyon.

<_<

>_>
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Landis is more demonic, don't you think? I don't recall Sid talking about the Grim Reaper all day long..
mpieco

Re:

Post by mpieco »

[quote="Alex Delferia"]Well, to be fair, two people being alike doesn't mean they're the same person.

For example, Gremio and Lyon.

<_<

>_>[/quote]

i know this is late, but i just wanted to say this is way off base. one is a man, one is a female. at least the comparisons within this thread are of the same gender and have a few points of evidence supporting them. don't get out of hand with your criticism.
Gen. Dirge

Re: Landis = Sid?

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Landis=Sid?
That's quite not possible. By the time of S3, Sid would be at least 15 years older than he was in S2. It's understandable that they are relatives. Maybe they have crossed many paths before. Or they might communicate a lot.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Well, whatever thier connection, they both scare the crap out of me. Seriously. Those dudes are scary.

I do want to see more Wingers, though...
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

[quote="Crowetron"]Well, whatever thier connection, they both scare the crap out of me. Seriously. Those dudes are scary.

I do want to see more Wingers, though...[/quote]

Speaking of wingers, the next Suikoden should include a female winger......we NEVER see them up close....including female Kobolds and Lizards and Ducks even though we see female beavers.....
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Yeah, they aren't the same.

I love Landis. I've never played with Sid though.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

I thought there was at least one female Lizard character. The blacksmith, I think. Or maybe it just had a feminine name, I don't remember; I haven't played Suiko 3 in years...