Aldo is Windy.

In-Depth topics that fail to give reasons for their hypotheses.
Hirathien

Re: Aldo is Windy.

Post by Hirathien »

Could have been referring to Viktor from so many years ago in North Wind, which later came to be North Window? As Viktor sure remembers Neclord.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Does it feel funny when he didnt realize that before beating them up in warrior village but suddenly "oh, so it's you" when he met them again in the castle?
luc skywalker

Post by luc skywalker »

Hirathien wrote:Uhm... I doubt it. Neclord don't say anything about seeing them back there, neither does Windy nor Yuber. Heck, even Ted doesn't say anything about it.

Seems more like they could just watch and observe, make it feel like they were there but they weren't.

I thought that I was the only one who believe that it was just a vision. It really felt like they were just spectators even when they were interacting with the people. So much that they don't even lift a finger to save the village and the people in it..
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Punkaiser wrote:Does it feel funny when he didnt realize that before beating them up in warrior village but suddenly "oh, so it's you" when he met them again in the castle?
I don't know, selective memoryloss? Meeting them in the past should change the flow of time completely and thus making every interaction with them changed.

Besides, there should be more people remembering them. Windy, and Yuber for that matter.

This is why I dislike when games venture into the time travel business and the things get changed are so minor it's so weird.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I'm sure the encounter was so brief that Windy and Yuber wouldn't remember a small group of nobodies over the course of 300 years. They didn't even battle or anything. I'm sure they torched many villages over the years, killing tons of people, so they can't be expected to remember every face the come across. I'm only in my early 30s and I can't can't recall people that I met once for a few minutes more than 10 years ago. Imagine after 300 years.

As for it being a vision rather than real time travel, they were really there. They had conversation with Ted and his grandpa. A vision can't ask someone to look after their grandson.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

They looted treasure chests the contents of which returned to the present with them too.
luc skywalker

Post by luc skywalker »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:They looted treasure chests the contents of which returned to the present with them too.

now there's the problem right there...we remember that Ted should also be back with them when they came back to the present (suiko 1 time) in the cave.. but why didn't he? Because its just a vision of what happened..
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Edit: I remember wrong about some details. This should be what happen upon decision we make whether to take ted to present or not:
-Choose to bring ted with you, when they regroup in the cave, ted would go missing and cleo comment because he doesnt belong to this side so he cant pass through
-Choose to leave him behind, then there he starts his adventure.

Watch this part again http://youtu.be/YgJKOvwPyYM

So think of the strange light as a travel portal created by the night rune , only Tir group was invited so unwanted guest can't pass through.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Ok, fine I seem to be proven wrong on the whole time travel aspect of things, that's cool.

But wouldn't go back in time and talk to those people alter the timeline in some shape or form? Or did they just decide they spawned a new timeline consisting of Tir going back in time with his party on a loop to make sure that the timeline stays conisistant?

As for looting a treasure chest if you wanna use that logic in the whole timetravel thing, where do they keep the items on them? I sure don't see any items, nor do I see Flik wielding a shield. I'd say the whole thing with the chests might be a gameplay mechanic and give you something at least for going back there and not spamming X to get rid of tiresome dialogue (friend of mine does it all the time, freakishly annoying).

All in all, I still hate games that dwelve into timetravel and just make one aspect of it and make it affect so little...
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Hirathien wrote:As for looting a treasure chest if you wanna use that logic in the whole timetravel thing, where do they keep the items on them?
Hammerspace, bro.

Seriously though I'm inclined to say that although yes, quite literally a treasure chest is a gameplay mechanic, the fact that many RPGs (Suikoden games included) lock story-related items away in them means they aren't just a gameplay mechanic, and do have a small bearing on the actual events that unfold.
luc skywalker wrote:now there's the problem right there...we remember that Ted should also be back with them when they came back to the present (suiko 1 time) in the cave.. but why didn't he? Because its just a vision of what happened..
As Punkaiser mentioned already, this is addressed in game. As for the looted items coming back, I guess that could be explained away by these generic items not having any bearing on destiny (which as you know Suikoden is big on) whereas Ted has a pretty massive destiny that he cannot stray from. In truth though, it's probably more likely that the implications of the items returning/Ted not scenario were just not considered by the devs.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Hah, good one with the hammerspace. One of the best examples I've ever seen, thanks for the link Lemmy, was a nice read.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Never thought about it before, but Aldo does have a similar appearance to Windy. The hair colour and pony tale, even his facial features are similar! Maybe he was her son or something? lol!

Oh well, I have seen worse character theories ;)
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Aldo has really dark hair while Windy's is light enough to almost be blonde. They're both pretty and have ponytails, but that's not enough for me to see any familial resemblance. I guess there's no way to prove that he isn't her son, but then we'd have to start debating whether the father was Yuber or Neclord lol
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

oh yeah, Aldo's hair is actually dark in the game. Duh me. I was looking at his portrait, where it looks a bit lighter. Oh well. Might have made in interesting story!

Thinking back to the letters, Aldo does write a letter saying "Ted spoke to me just a little about his Rune", so if he was something like a spy for Windy or Windy in disguise, I don't think he'd be casually telling the hero about it, he'd likely keep his interest in Ted personal. So yeah, I think Aldo is just a guy who wants to be mates with Ted. Whatever the special connection is, if there is one, we're not likely to find out any time soon!
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

he sits in the bath with other men. i'm sure someone would have noticed if he was missing his kibbles and bits.