Best place in tokyo for video games related books ?

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
pierrejeanpierre

Best place in tokyo for video games related books ?

Post by pierrejeanpierre »

Hi,

I'll be traveling to Japan in two weeks, and I will have a few days for shopping. Even though it's very unlikely I'll find it, I would like to search for the Suikoden Kiwami Encyclopedia. For those who have already been there, are there any shops you'd recommend ? I guess my best bet is to try Akihabara or Nakano Broadway, but there are so many shops I don't even know where to begin. That would have to be a shop selling second-hand books, since the Kiwami wasn't for sale anywhere outside of the Konamistyle shop. Any help would be welcome !
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Best place in tokyo for video games related books ?

Post by patapi »

There is a physical Konamistyle Store in Roppongi. They used to have a small selection of Suikoden-related items around the time when Tsumuji was released, but there were barely anything when I last went there earlier this year. I'm not sure if they even stock the Kiwami book though.

I'm not sure if it's much easier to find such a specific book in Nakano or even Akibahara, at least compared to the power of online search engines. Their domestic delivery system is simply exceptional.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

There's not going to be a specific book store to go to, you'll have to visit plenty and see what they have. If you want a specific item that's out of print then amazon or yahoo are going to be your better choices.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
pierrejeanpierre

Post by pierrejeanpierre »

Thanks for the answers. I already checked Amazon actually, where I found the book for a measly... 23000 yen, which I'm pretty sure is waaaay more expensive than it should. So yeah, I still have the possibility of buying it on the internet, but at such prices it will be a last resort solution. Which is why I'd rather try to find it in a shop... well, trying won't hurt anyway !

As for the Konami Style Shop, I'll try there but they don't even sell the book on their website anymore so I'm not really optimistic.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

@pierrejeanpierre

ebay is still the best place for this,I think.

I visited Japan this summer,and I saw countless videogame guides and books in multiple book and gamestores there.
I cant remember exactly all the Suikoden stuff,but I would recommend Akihabara,with all the insane stores there.
Nakano was also nice,but I have searched other things there and did not pay attention to Suikoden.
I also made a video,while visiting the "Super Potato" store in Osaka,which is the best retrovideogame store,I have ever seen.make sure to check it out,if you are in Osaka(DenDen Town,Nipponbashi):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYggHs2j_u8

Super Potato stores usually sell second hand stuff(in awesome condition),and they have a large stock,so I would ask there.maybe they have it.

I also saw a gigantic "Mandarake" store in Tokyo(Akihabara).they usually have that kind of stuff.maybe they have your book.I made a pic from the store: