Publications - Guidebooks

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
HowlingGuild

Publications - Guidebooks

Post by HowlingGuild »

Genso Suikoden III Konami Official Perfect Guide [02/09/14]
Publisher: Shinkigen-sha 1600yen
ISBN4-775-30094-6

This book is the thickest out of all the Suikoden 3 game guide book, but I'm not exactly sure why it doesn't contain the most info. It is much prettier to look at compared to Dengeki's Complete Guide Book and the layout is much neater. I think that the summary of each crucial scenes in the games may actually be the best in this book. They do give a good account of what happened. (It was especially helpful when I was trying to figure out the mysteries and confusion involving the True Water Rune.) The character art is the biggest in here out of all the book also. This should be considered the truly "official" Suikoden 3 guide book, but I personally like looking at the Dengeki's guide book much more than this one. ^_^

Genso Suikoden III Official Guidebook Complete Version [02/09/14]
Publisher: Futaba-sha 1600yen
ISBN4-575-16345-7

Genso Suikoden III The Complete Guide [02/09/14]
Publisher: Mediaworks 1600yen
ISBN4-840-21937-0

This book is the ultimate gameplay guide book that any hardcore Suikoden gamers would drool over. ^_^ I have 3 different Suikoden 3 guidebooks at home (including this one), and this one is the most packed with the most info. They include so much info that are not even available in the Konami's official guide books. They go in great detail regarding the mini games and they have the most packed gameplay related info regarding each S of D. ^_^ A great addition to this book is that each book comes with a double sided poster (Chris, Hugo, Geddoe) and a one sided poster. (Thomas and Hugo main, everyone else on there as well) They look to be illustrations by Ishikawa san.

Genso Suikoden III Official Guide Complete Capture Version [02/09/14]
Publisher: NTT Shuppan 1500yen
ISBN4-7571-8127-2

V-Jump Books Genso Suikoden 3 [02/09/14]
Publisher: Shueisha 1300yen
ISBN4-0877-9194-7

This book is the smallest in size compared to all the other suikoden 3 guide book. It lacks gameplay info compared to the other two. This book is the most flashy though. The pictures have crisper colors and nice to look out. It also seems to have the most photos from the games. ^_^

Genso Suikoden III Story and Character Guide [02/07/11]
Publisher: Shinkigen-sha 1400yen
ISBN [replaced by the complete version]

Genso Suikoden III Official Guide Quick Capture Version [02/07/11]
Publisher: NTT-Shuppan 1400yen

Genso Suikoden III Official Guidebook [02/07/11]
Publisher: Futaba-sha 1100yen

Genso Suikoden Card Stories Visual Book [01/11/17]
Publisher: Futaba-sha 1690yen
ISBN4-575-16292-2

Genso Suikoden Card Stories Card Graphics [01/11/15]
Publisher: NTT-Shuppan 1700yen
ISBN4-7571-8108-6

This book is based on the card game and not the Game Boy game. The pages are all in color and very pretty to look at. There is a nice illustration gallery for each artists and pictures of the cards are included. They also have the rules and strategies in winning the card game. The book comes with a Yuuri (Nash's sister) card.

Genso Suikoden Card Stories Card Maniacs [01/11/15]
Publisher: Shinkigen-sha 1500yen
ISBN4-7753-0006-7

Genso Suikoden Card Stories Perfect Guide [01/10/25]
Publisher: Shinkigen-sha 1300yen
ISBN4-775-30007-5

Genso Suikoden Card Stories Official Guide [01/09/??]
Publisher: NTT-Shuppan 1200yen
ISBN4-757-18103-5

Genso Suikoden Card Stories Duelist Bible [01/09/??]
Publisher: Futaba-sha 1050yen
ISBN4-575-16283-3

Genso Suikogaiden Vol.2 Duel at Crystal Valley Visual & Scenario Guide [00/05/01]
Publisher: Shinkigen-sha 1200yen
ISBN4-88317-867-6

Genso Suikogaiden Vol.2 Duel at Crystal Valley Official Complete Guide Book [00/05/01]
Publisher: Futaba-sha 1500yen
ISBN4-575-16260-4

Genso Suikogaiden Vol.1 Swordsman of Harmonia World Expansion Book [00/11/10]
Publisher: Futaba-sha 1200yen
ISBN4-575-16237-X

This is a tiny little book with a lot of info. It has everything from charts indicating the flow of the game (regarding luck points) to a very nice geography section indicating the travel routes of a few characters including Viktor and Flik. It's a Suikogaiden Vol.1 game guide and mini suikoden world guide all in one. ^_^ The back of the book is even reminiscent of the encyclopedia. There are many info that are not available in other books that managed to fit into this tiny little book. It's like doraemon's 4-D pocket!

Genso Suikogaiden Vol.1 Swordsman of Harmonia Visual & Scenario Guide [00/11/03]
Publisher: Shinkigen-sha 1200yen
ISBN4-88317-828-5

Genso Suikoden 2 Official Guidebook Complete Version [99/03/24]
Publisher: Futaba-sha 1500yen
ISBN4-575-16148-9

Genso Suikoden 2 Official Guide [99/02/25]
Publisher: NTT-Shuppan 1400yen
ISBN4-7571-8039-X

Genso Suikoden 2 Perfect Guide [99/02/10]
Publisher: Shinkgen-sha 1600yen
ISBN4-88317-735-1

Genso Suikoden Official Guidebook Complete Version [97/02/25]
Publisher: Shinkgen-sha 1800yen
ISBN4-575-16028-8 C0076

Genso Suikoden Capture Book [96/01]
Publisher: Shueisha 1000yen
Magazine code: 67301-36 T1067301361000
Goldmember

Post by Goldmember »

I am looking for the guides for all three games and i have had no look yet.

Any websites where i can go to get them??
IRISHANDPROUD

Manchester United Fan
Celtic Football Club Fan
Dragon Knight Futch

Post by Dragon Knight Futch »

Goldmember wrote:I am looking for the guides for all three games and i have had no look yet.

Any websites where i can go to get them??
I'd like to second this request, Is there any site where I can buy Guide books / Visual art books for Suikoden 3 , Gaiden 1 and 2?
ckonze

Post by ckonze »

I'm currently attempting to sell the Prima's Official Strategy Guide to Suikoden II. Check it out if you're interested.

Nevermind. The link above has since become locked due to the site administrators omission in the list of rules regarding selling things on his precious forum. Contact me via another means then.
Kimimi

Post by Kimimi »

Just a quick one to say my Official Perfect Guide for Suikoden 4 as well as Dengeki's Suikoden 3 one arrived today - both weigh in at over 400+ pages and I'd seriously recommend either of them to anyone with even the slightest interest in the series.
Skyrocket

Post by Skyrocket »

Kimimi wrote:Just a quick one to say my Official Perfect Guide for Suikoden 4 as well as Dengeki's Suikoden 3 one arrived today - both weigh in at over 400+ pages and I'd seriously recommend either of them to anyone with even the slightest interest in the series.
I have the one for 3 and am looking for 4 at a reasonable price. I agree, they're great books. Shame my kanji isn't better because some of the extra info looks very interesting.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-Hunter S. Thompson
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Any Rhapsodia guides?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross »

There will be. Rhapsodia Koushiki Kanzen Guide and Rhapsodia The Complete Guide, but they still are on "Now Printing"...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
hukarez

Post by hukarez »

Hello!

New here, first post! Just found out about this board via Google, and was hoping that I'd be able to get an answer to a question that I've been having. I figure that this is also the perfect thread for it, as I've been avidly trying to find an official guidebook for Suikoden III.

I've noticed that the above mentioned books are all in Japanese...does anyone know of any kind of official strategy guide in English that's running out there in circulation?? :(
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

No Suikoden III guide in English.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

where are your manners jowy?

welcome to suiko source hukarez! im sure you'll love it here!

also, why do you need a guide? when you can get all the suikoden 3 info right here!

guides, in depth faqs, its all here!

or maybe you want amazing growth charts? beatiary?

well its allhere!

hope that helps you out, and once again

welcome to suiko source!
hukarez

Post by hukarez »

Hi!

Thanks again for the responses!

I guess it's more of a "collecting-continuity" thing that I've gotten into, as official strategy guides were things that I've often overlooked.

It took a *long* time for me to get all 4 Suikoden games, and having the guides for both 2 and 4, I kind of figured it'd probably be nice to have a guide for 1 and 3 as well. Hence, why I made a inquiry here in this Collectables forum! (Strictly for the collection thereof!)

I guess I thought it was a bit odd for 3 to be 'overlooked' by one of the strategy guide giants (Prima, or Bradygames), and figured this would be the perfect place to answer my aforementioned question.

Thanks again for the responses, and for the welcome too! :o

EDIT:

BTW, thanks for the links too! I'll have to see how much paper I'll have to stockpile (and ink cartridges) to print out one of those GameFAQs guides, and the local bestiary information hosted here!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

hukarez wrote:I guess I thought it was a bit odd for 3 to be 'overlooked' by one of the strategy guide giants (Prima, or Bradygames), and figured this would be the perfect place to answer my aforementioned question.
They didn't overlook Suikoden III. Instead, they didn't manage to get it done before the game's release date, so they decided to cancel the entire production altogether.
hukarez

Post by hukarez »

patapi wrote:They didn't overlook Suikoden III. Instead, they didn't manage to get it done before the game's release date, so they decided to cancel the entire production altogether.
Ahh. Thanks for the clarification!