Rune Maelstrom

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Lovecraft_elder

Rune Maelstrom

Post by Lovecraft_elder »

In the intro of Suikoden V, near the end of it, you see a maelstrom of Runes - both True Runes and common Runes.

Does anyone have any idea of what this place might be? Or does anyone have any actual facts of what this may be?
"Everytime you try to drag real life physics into a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl!" - Please, think of the catgirls!
Shinsengumi

Re: Rune Maelstrom

Post by Shinsengumi »

The true runes & other runes that appeared are the past runes from s1,2,3,4
i don't think that place really exist, maybe it has something to with the stars of destiny and there connection with both the true & normal runes in the past wars.
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
Iku

Post by Iku »

i honestly think its relevene eds at the vact it looks rathr pretty, i could be wrong but i never really gave it much thought it seemed like a way to show the runs but thats about it!
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Black knight overlord

Post by Black knight overlord »

if you slowed it down, were there any runes in there that werent shown yet? like a sneek peek at the true runes to be used in S6?
Lovecraft_elder

Post by Lovecraft_elder »

Nope. Only Runes we already know of appear in the malmstrom. Whould be nice, though.
"Everytime you try to drag real life physics into a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl!" - Please, think of the catgirls!
Darknat

Post by Darknat »

I always thought this was meant to represent the creation of the world and all the runes in it....
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

I also thought the galaxy-looking maelstrom represented the beginning or the big bang. Which is pretty interesting, if that's the case this would hint at the creation tale being either false or incomplete.

I also remember seeing that maelstrom as part of the animation when you use the Bright Shield rune's Forgiver Sign. Maybe this is one of the rune's memories?
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!