Barbarosa not as desperate as Godwin

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
sunstar25

Barbarosa not as desperate as Godwin

Post by sunstar25 »

In the original Suikoden, the Liberation Army led by Tir McDohl took control of regions of Scarlet Moon thus making Barbarosa losing control of his lands more and more.

The game never showed any cutscenes of the enemie's POV so it's unknown if Barbarosa ever asked any other country for help like Godwin did. The news would spread from as far north as Harmonia and as far south as Falena. Afterall, Harmona was aware of the civil war in Falena.

The City-State would never aid Barbarosa since they did take control of Moravia Castle. Highland would laugh at him. The Island Nations sure wouldn't. Falena and Armes were too far away and besides they wouldn't be willing to wage war on anyone.
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

Well, the main issue here was that Barbarossa was not concerned with the state of his country. He knew exactly what was going on and played along with it due to his love for Windy based on her likeness to his late wife, Claudia. So, he would not have sent for help because he was no longer concerned with the state of his Empire.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Indeed, Gizel's aim was to claim Falena for his own. Whereas Windy aimed for Souleater's power with little care for the Empire.

Barbarossa didn't even play much of an active role in the war.
jonathan_priest

Re: Barbarosa not as desperate as Godwin

Post by jonathan_priest »

The real question is, who would have helped Scarlet Moon? They're at the southern end of the continent, bordered by Jowston which is their enemy. The only real aid may have come from the Island Nations, but that depends on how relations were with them. Besides, given that its the first game of the series, I seriously doubt the game creaters had considered much of the surrounding area. Only Jowston was given a name.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The Holy Kingdom of Harmonia had been around for that long, too.

We do not know what lies between the southernmost part of the Empire and the Island Nations (where Kooluk Empire used to exist), so that's probably why getting support from the Islands aren't exactly of much benefits considering the Imperial geography.
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

Yeah, i agree with 100%, i never liked & i will never like those godwins & yes the ending in s5 was stupid , barbarosa saw the destruction of his country throw the eyes of the people windy controlled, yuber killing any one like a maniac, a vampire who controlled people with fear, he fill in love & faced his own leaderships punishment.
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Barbarossa always reminded me of the calm king or the Roman Emperor that knew end was close, just trying to put down on the casulties in the end and so on.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.