Magician's Island (Leknaat domain)

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
The_Face_of_Death

Magician's Island (Leknaat domain)

Post by The_Face_of_Death »

I think Magician's Island was a cool place, but I was wondering if it's reachable in S1, besides when you ride with Futch? Towards the end of the game, before defeating Barbarossa, I walked to the Northeast edge of the Gregminster country area, and with Templeton's map, I think I saw the red dot location of Magician's Island. Just wanted to bring it up.
MY SWORD STILL THIRSTS FOR BLOOD!!!!!!!!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yeah, I tried to get to it too. It's surrounded by mountains so you can't get there. It's kinda cool that it is on your map though. If there was some sort of "no clipping" in the game then maybe you could walk right to it.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

Yes i believe at one point will all wondered, hoped, and got let down. If only you could ride dragons at demand.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

It's be cool to go there, but not much to do I would think. Probably just Leknaat sitting there and telling you your wasting time coming to her.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Use a gameshark and you should be able to get there. I don't use cheats though.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

i always tried to get there but realized i couldnt
i didnt know you could do that with a gameshark
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

pesmerga786 wrote:i always tried to get there but realized i couldnt
i didnt know you could do that with a gameshark
You can do anything with a gameshark...

You can even get Mew or Celebi in Pokemon with it (you can't get Mew or Celebi in Pokemon.. only via a promotion wich is why they are inside the game). Sometimes, in some games, you can find a glitch. Using this glitch should give you the ability to go ANYWHERE. This glitch is for programmers. Haven't you ever found it strange that on the back cover of some games there are screenshots of someone doing sometihng wich you shouldn't be able to do at that point( such as in KOTOR II you can see on the abck cover a screen with your Hero with a double edged lightsaber fighting on a platue where you can only get once in the game and you arn't supposed to have a lightsaber at that time.)

KOTOR1 on the PC has that Glitch but its very random and probably 1/548156486456315646454653 chance of happening. using a gameshark will also give you the ability to do this on Suikoden (or KOTOR for that matter).
The_Face_of_Death

Post by The_Face_of_Death »

If there was a glitch for getting to Magician's Island in S1, it'd probably be through Viki's "off" teleporting, but if there's not a dragon there, you probably wouldn't be able to get back.
MY SWORD STILL THIRSTS FOR BLOOD!!!!!!!!
Fury

Post by Fury »

Can't get to Magicians Island, even with a gameshark.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Haven't you ever found it strange that on the back cover of some games there are screenshots of someone doing sometihng wich you shouldn't be able to do at that point
yeah i did notice that and in suikoden 1 when you watch the clip before the game i rememeber seeing a part that never happens
Black knight overlord

Re: Magician's Island (Leknaat domain)

Post by Black knight overlord »

does anyone have a pic of magicians island on a map?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Magician's Island (Leknaat domain)

Post by KFCrispy »

http://www.suikox.com/geo/map.php

to get to Magician's Island with a GS, it is possible but not easy. one way would be... you need to find the trigger that allows Black and maybe Futch to be in their spot in Gregminster, and probably need to find another trigger that lets them take you (since when you're done with the visit you normally can't go back). so basically put them there as if it's the beginning of the game and Kraze just issued the order to go.
Benthos

Re:

Post by Benthos »

pesmerga786 wrote:yeah i did notice that and in suikoden 1 when you watch the clip before the game i rememeber seeing a part that never happens
The scene you're talking about is of a battle with Viktor, Humphrey and Odessa against a monster? I always thought that battle as a happening of the past.
The_Face_of_Death wrote:If there was a glitch for getting to Magician's Island in S1, it'd probably be through Viki's "off" teleporting, but if there's not a dragon there, you probably wouldn't be able to get back.
And as we all know, Viki does not misteleport on Suikoden I. Although I don't know if I believe this since she does on II and V.