The Distribution of True Runes

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
koriand'r

The Distribution of True Runes

Post by koriand'r »

Sword became the sky, Shield became the earth, and the sparks from the battle became the stars.
As for the jewels, they fell to the ground and became the True Runes--The runes that all other runes were born from.

I admit this has only occurred to me, even though the true runes fell to the ground scattered, their not really worldwide but rather all spread on one landmass or on some Islands nearby that is closely connected to the main land. (Like the Philippines, though a nation its still a chain of Islands that is part of the Asian continent). With that said (and though unlikely) if it turns out that all the 27 true runes are all scattered on one part of the globe would that open up an possibility of non runic civilisations?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

The runes are spread out all over the world. Proof of this lies in the fact that there are 3 True Runes in Falena.
I hope everything is going delicious.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

and each game in suikoden series including 5 so far is based on different settings/regions of the suikoden world. Also, Each game has at least 3 true runes (usable and non-usuable). well leknaat is in every game with her gate rune so that counts as 1. hehe
Strategy is the key to victory!
Stan

Post by Stan »

If you go to suikox.com, you'll find a map of the Suikoden world. It shows where all the places are. All of the runes are scattered over the world.
POSITVE THOUGHT FOR THE DAY.
When you feel that nobody loves you,
nobody cares for you,
everyone is ignoring you,
and people are jealous of you.
You should really ask yourself....
Am I TOO sexy?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I agree with the topic starter. While we are finally leaving the current continent with Falena and meeting new true runes there, there are already more than half of 27 runes that reside on the "main" continent (Toran/Dunan/Grasslands). That's not exactly an even distribution across the globe, when other known huge landmasses like the Western Continent and the Southlands only have around 10 runes to distribute among themselves.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I was once of the belief that all the True Runes were once held in the same place and then through some "diaspora" (for lack of a better word) they began to be spread out all over the globe once mortals began to seek to possess them. The reason I say this is because they all fell to the surface all at once and they all seem rather close in proximity. I think that all the True Runes were located in the same place and all the continents were connected much like the landmasses of reality were once tied together. Well, that's all speculation.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Just apply the Big Bang Theory to the True Runes. After the "bang"after the clash of sword and shield, they were spread all over the suikoden world. Just like dragonballs after they've been collected and used.
Stan

Post by Stan »

But you also have to remember that the True Runes can move on their own, just like the Beast Rune did in Suikoden2.
nobody cares for you,
Am I TOO sexy?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I don't think that's true of all True Runes, though, coz I'm sure the Rune of Punishment wouldn't have just stayed in isolation at the Obel Ruins if that was the case.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

and the True Rune of Beginning (2 pieces) layed dormant in the cave at Toto Village until Riou and Jowy accepted their destinies.
Stan

Post by Stan »

MAybe those True runes wanted to stay their, or knew that they had to because they would help some one if they stayed there.
nobody cares for you,
Am I TOO sexy?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Help someone by staying in dark, remote, magically protected locations? Sorry man, can't see that being feasible.

Also, due to the RoP's nature, I honestly can't picture it wanting to help anybody, seeing as it puts 99% of it's bearers in life-threatening situations, and then kills them afterwards anyway.
HairyMonekyNuts

Post by HairyMonekyNuts »

werent they sealed in the cave? it was a shrine after all.
moneky is suppose to be monkey... i was just to lazy to make a new account.
Stan

Post by Stan »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Help someone by staying in dark, remote, magically protected locations? Sorry man, can't see that being feasible.

Also, due to the RoP's nature, I honestly can't picture it wanting to help anybody, seeing as it puts 99% of it's bearers in life-threatening situations, and then kills them afterwards anyway.
Maybe the true Runes knew no one would go into these dark, remote, and magically protected areas unless they really needed help, so they waited for that person.

It was the bearers choice to use the rune's power, The main character did have to use the RoP, but he did to save lives.
nobody cares for you,
Am I TOO sexy?
rune28

moving

Post by rune28 »

nah i think the true runes are kindof like the lord of the rings ring, it can only move via people moving them. so they had no choice but to stay in the shrine cuz of the magic protecting it. but yea once they are in a host they can influence the host into moving somewhere else like most of the disappearing heroes that go on journeys after the wars.