Official World Map

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Official World Map

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Lots of people ask if there's an official World Map for Suikoden. And there is, sort of, it comes from an in-house Konami presentation video of Suikoden V that was available on the DVD that came with Suikoden V pre-orders in Japan.

The Northern continent is where most of the games have taken place and is home to the Toran Republic, Dunan Republic, the Grasslands, Zexen Confederacy, Holy Kingdom of Harmonia, the Nameless Lands just to name a few. The island off the South-East coast of the Toran region is Kanakan.

Note that the continent Falena itself is on isn't shown much but the top of it can be seen to the south, though the full scale of the Southern continent isn't known aside from what can be deduced by combining this map with a map of Falena, the exact size and location of nations like Nagarea and New Armes are also unknown.

The largish landmass in the middle of the ocean seperating the North and South continents, known as the Kuknasi Sea, is the Dukedom of Gaien with the Island Nations Federation to the East but barely visible at this scale.

You can also see most of the Western continent, though no game has taken place there it is known to be the home to the Kingdom of Zelant.

You can also see a small section an Eastern continent of which there is little information.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Antimatzist

Re: Official World Map

Post by Antimatzist »

Thanks Raww, really cool stuff! Even though I knew it already it's nice to see an OFFICIAL map for once, not a fan made one..

I wonder if they wanted a Suikoden VI to take place in Zelant. Most games reference the location of their successor with small hints here and there, and Suikoden V did it quite heavily (Hershville trading with Zelant, Lindwurm Brigade, Ernst, Levi and Norma going there...). Also showing it so heavily on a map even though no game has been close to showing a bit of it is weird.
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

I see the Kooluk peninsula is now an island.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

There are also two cities in the Dukedom of Gaien marked on the map that can be seen when the map zooms in on the Island Nations but they are unnamed.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Looks like the map creator knew about plate tectonics. Just look at the middle western edge of the northern continent and the northeastern edge of the western continent. Perhaps there was a Genso Pangaea until a battle between Crowley and Mazus split it into several continents...
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Is Nirva island marked on this map, or is it too small to be seen at this scale?

Kooluk is tiny. I expected it to be bigger since it almost rivaled Scarlet Moon. Or do we suppose some disaster occurred that separated it from the continent?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

It's weird, the shape doesn't fit the map from Tactics:
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/sui ... 0517213100
As AlOnZo pointed out,t he peninsula is here a seperate island. Some shapes fit, but it looks pretty different altogether. Still, it's not as big a country as scarlet moon.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Nirva is not marked on this map nor can I find it any reference book I have, Marugoto doesn't include it in the Falena map at least and the Official Complete Genso Suikoden V guide only lists Nirva's location as "?"

Some fan map claims Nirva is the island just north of the bigger island on the eastern part of Falena, but I have no idea where that idea comes from. Possibly this is determined in a book I don't have like the Kiwami Encyclopedia.

As for El-Eal, the whole Island Nations bit seems off when it's zoomed in. To the point that what I identified as an unknown city belonging to Gaien is probably supposed to be Razril.

http://www.klueze.com/suiko/islandnations.png
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The caption does say "This is still in development, so the visuals may differ from what is actually in-game"
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Vextor wrote:The caption does say "This is still in development, so the visuals may differ from what is actually in-game"
Possibly that's the caveat of the map, but I think this is more to the point that the video contains footage of the prototype of Suikoden V complete with a frame counter.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Is the video uploaded anywhere online?

It's so weird to see El-Eal given its own island, unless this world map was also drawn prior to finalising IV's in-game world map.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

OK, I'm totally thick, I thought that little island was supposed to be the kooluk empire, then when Patapi pointed out that it was El Eal, I realized that the land above that island does more closely resemble the kooluk map from Tactics. :shock: If were in a Suikoden game I would have to be the Chikou star. :oops:

If this map was drawn before S4 was completed then maybe at one point they were going to have El-Eal as an outpost, kind of like how Razril was for Gaien.
Cloud_Mc_Rip

Post by Cloud_Mc_Rip »

Can you upload a higher resolution ?

Thank you in anyway.
:arrow:
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Probably not. It's 720x540 already. If it actually came off a DVD video intended for play on a PS2, I'm surprised he even got it that high.