Rokkaku was Rubble?

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Sylo

Rokkaku was Rubble?

Post by Sylo »

When visiting Rokkaku Hamlet, one of the NPCs in the village said that Rokkaku Hamlet wasn't always in this condition, that 3 years ago it was laying in rubble.

Does anyone know what this alludes to?

I was thinking something happened during the first game, but Im pretty sure there were very little references to the Hamlet in Suikoden I....

If anyone has any information on this, I would really appreciate this :D
"You will never be strong if you consider yourself weak" - Cleo, Suikoden
killerslime

Re: Rokkaku was Rubble?

Post by killerslime »

Teo destroys the village in the first game, thats why Kasumi joins you. Hanzo actually appears near the end of the game telling Kasumi that he had to keep his and the rest of the Rokkaku ninjas survival a secret from her for some reason that i dont understand?
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

killerslime wrote:Teo destroys the village in the first game, thats why Kasumi joins you. Hanzo actually appears near the end of the game telling Kasumi that he had to keep his and the rest of the Rokkaku ninjas survival a secret from her for some reason that i dont understand?
The only thing I can think of there,honestly,is maybe Hanzo suspected Kasumi's infatuation towards Tir and thought she'd be some sort of loose end since he's(rebel leader or not)the son of the man that destroyed their home,...that's a totally farfetched idea but that was always the first thought that came to my mind when Hanzo rolled in saying that to her.
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Maybe she wasn't told so that she'd stay helping the army (and Tir) instead of rushing back to her people.

Because y'know, having everyone you know die is totally less distracting than finding out that they're alive and well...
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Sylo

Post by Sylo »

Wow...I must have not paid attention during that scene. Perhaps because I thought it was such a short and rushed section, Kasumi just turns up, few lines of dialogue and thats it. That part of the story didnt capture me like the rest of the game...

Maybe theres more explanation if you pick Kasumi instead of Valeria during II?

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I will go and replay that section to see for myself. But it still leaves me/us with MORE questions ha...!
"You will never be strong if you consider yourself weak" - Cleo, Suikoden
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

As many times as I've played these games, I never paid attention to the details about Rokkaku. Kasumi is one of my least favorite characters and I always pick Valeria in II. I think that my opinion of her would be a little higher if she hadn't been infatuated with Tir. I just couldn't take her seriously. Ninjas in later games were so much more impressive.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE