Hikusaak, Clone War

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Crowley Reborn

Hikusaak, Clone War

Post by Crowley Reborn »

A thought just struck me and I did a quick search but couldn't find what I wanted.
Do we know how many clones Hikusaak has made? If so, do we know how many possess true runes already, or does he make them as he collects?
I imagine Luc was an oddity, being kidnapped from Harmonia... Hikusaak would keep the others under lock and key like Sasarai.
The main question here I guess is how many true runes does Hikusaak actually have? I know he has Circle, had Beast, M.E., TWR...
Check out The Old Kingdom Ardänia series, starting with the first book, Vermillion Skies
http://www.facebook.com/prbison
http://www.facebook.com/vermillionskies1
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Hikusaak, Clone War

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

He made 2, 1 was a failure. Obviously the method is inadvisable, so it's doubtful he made any more. Hence why he switched to the containers.

As of Suikoden III he can only have two confirmed True Runes under his control, True Earth and Circle Rune. And even that is not certain.

At one point or another he had possession of True Fire, True Water, True Wind, Beast Rune, and Sovereign Rune but no longer does.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
MegafaunaB.krieg

Post by MegafaunaB.krieg »

Have to wonder how bad he actually wants true runes, since so many of them would be easy picking for the greatest assassins in the world? As they are on political and military leaders, not hidden?

I just got done reading..like everything on here in the history section, and it said Hikusaak hasn't been seen in public for 200 years, maybe he just doesn't care anymore?

For that matter, Luc has confirmed to be 30ish (by someone other than Richmond, like say the creator?). How old is Sasarai? I find it hard to believe he scored the TWR and TER at the same time, so Sasarai might be quite a bit older/younger than Luc? Doesn't Sasarai not seem to know Luc in S2? Luc sort of seemed like the older of the two, but if he is only 30 that seems like a stretch.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I'm guessing the fact that when a True Rune bearer dies the True Rune disappears puts a hamper on the whole assassination thing.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:I'm guessing the fact that when a True Rune bearer dies the True Rune disappears puts a hamper on the whole assassination thing.
Does it really always disappear?

When Arshtat is killed, it stays in the palace. I guess you are referring to the Beast Rune and the Sovereign Rune which are lost after their bearers die?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The Sun Rune and Rune of Punishment are the exceptions. True Runes that lose their bearers will go dormant until they feel like re-emerging.

The Sun Rune is bound to the bust for whatever reason, the Rune of Punishment chooses a new host directly.
Suikosource wrote:and when its bearer dies, it tends to vanish and remain hidden (within the earth or at the bottom of the ocean) until it feels like reappearing.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Using Suikosource as a reference is all well and good, but where is this mentioned in the games? Has there actually been an instance where a Rune was shown vanishing into the earth or bottom of the ocean of its own free will? I doubt very much that the Soul Eater would chuck itself into the ocean or bury itself if Tir died. I'm sure that, like the Rune of Punishment, it would seek a new host to feed its hunger. Also, the Beast Rune is like the Sun Rune in that it kept itself in an inanimate object with the only difference being that the Blights never had it on them that we know of. Then there's also the one who has himself being carried around when not being abandoned in caves. The Sovereign Rune wasn't a sword itself but lodged within one. Others have been shifted about between bearers. True Wind vanished when Luc died, but for all we know it could've made a home in one of Iksay's windmills. The Sindar had elaborate facilities designed to contain the Runes and their power, so I doubt that lodging themselves underground or underwater is something that happens by default for all but two of them. I think it's safer to say that they just do as they please when not forced by weird containment methods.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

EstrangedIX wrote:I doubt very much that the Soul Eater would chuck itself into the ocean or bury itself if Tir died. I'm sure that, like the Rune of Punishment, it would seek a new host to feed its hunger.
And where was that shown in the game?

Don't try and refute official information by claiming it wasn't referenced in the game only to then turn around and claim you're sure of something that was never referenced in the games. The information on Suikosource comes from official publications, that outweighs your imagination by a quite a large margin.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I never claimed my position on the Soul Easter was official as it was obviously stated as opinion. Again, which game says Runes vanish underground or into the ocean? If Konami never saw fit to give us this information in the games themselves, then the official publications that you mention don't have the source material on which to base their statements.

On second thought, nevermind. We can nitpick over things not explained in games until the cows come home, but it doesn't matter because it's all extrapolation and conjecture anyway. Bringing up where publications contradict the games will make this a canon vs non-canon argument and I'm sure we don't want another one of those.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

we can infer based on Windy's actions that killing Ted wouldn't have helped her retrieve the Soul Eater (it probably wouldn't have transferred to a nearby person) - she obviously hated Ted and would have killed him if not for the rune.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The Souleater isn't that "shallow" of a rune to be satisfied by any soul. It specifically wants souls of people that are dear to the bearer. That's why the rune rejected Windy-- she cared about no one.