Explanation for the Mystery of the Sindar in Suikoden

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Antimatzist

Re: Explanation for the Mystery of the Sindar in Suikoden

Post by Antimatzist »

@Xelinis: I read about Stormbringer some days ago and thought the exact same thing :D I was just wondering if it is coincidential or it was really an inspiration for some ideas in the series.
Luc Bishop

Post by Luc Bishop »

Maybe Viki is a lost Sindar from that city...
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Luc Bishop wrote:Maybe Viki is a lost Sindar from that city...
Doubtful, as the Suikogaiden games had us visit her topsy-turvy home world. It's certainly unique and a subject of interest, but I don't think that's the Eternal City.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

How far do the Sindar predate Harmonia? I remember Luc saying in Suikoden III that the world was created 1,000 years ago. Then again, at that point it has only been 375 years since the founding of Harmonia. It's still difficult for me to grasp the idea that something only a few hundred years old could be "ancient," though.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Actually, it would be 477 years. Harmonia was established in -2 and the Second Fire Bringer War was in 475.

It's hard to say, because we need to take into account Armes as well. Though, one would wonder if Armes was even a part of Murayama's story to begin with.
Bararontok

Post by Bararontok »

Since the home world of Viki has already been explored in Suikogaiden, can links to images or videos of that location be posted here to inform those who have not played that game about this mysterious location?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i was looking for our guide's section showing Nash and Viki's adventures but couldn't find it anywhere.... i then checked out our site structure and found we must have lost a link to it. now it's fixed... Suikogaiden Vol 2 provides a link to the "Back Route" alternate chapter.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The link to the back route is in the Chapter 3 section.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ah, so hard to notice though! having both is better
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

1. Let me answer that first problem. We do not know what is north if south or south of north in the world of Suikoden. We do not even know where the Sindar started so for all we know south could had been where Harmonia is at the moment or since a plant is a sphere they could had gone around from north to south back to north and settle after traveling around the world when locating the eternal city.

2. What if the Kingdom of Aronia was the eternal city and the home of the Sinder people. Hikusaak being a Sindar himself led a coup d'etat during the Hero War and reorganized the Aronia into Harmonia for his own ambitious desires to obtain absolute power. Only because Sindar predate Aronia does not mean it is out of the question. Again, Aronia can be the eternal city.

3. I cannot answer this one since I do not know much about it.

However, at this point Suikoden is dead and we the fans need to step up and fill the gaps. Why the hell are we waiting on Konami? Let us fill in the wholes and make a complete story. I really like the original theory in this post.
Last edited by ENDmyinitials on Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:17 am Problem: Harmonia is to the north. Sindars traveled south.

Problem 2: Sindars predate Aronia.

Problem 3: Leknaat banishes the Fog Ship Guide back to the Eternal Capital, hard to believe this is supposed to be Crystal Valley as the banishment would be rather pathetic.

Conclusion: Theory is implausible and reads more like fanfiction.