If Flik had the chance...

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Falenan_descent

If Flik had the chance...

Post by Falenan_descent »

If Flik was given the chance to go back in time and save Odessa from dying knowing full-well what Tir had done for the Toran republic...do you think he would do it? (And before people write me off for saying this isn't possible...there should be a rune to govern time if there are runes to govern all elements. And Viki can teleport so blah.)

Keep in mind that Odessa is Flik's one and only love and he even inscribed her name into his sword as per the Warrior Village ritual.

I personally believe that Flik is a very mature individual and would let the past be the past and instead learn from his mistakes rather than going back to change them.
Luca

Post by Luca »

Yo first of all i think Odessa already had a fiancee thus i don't think she had a thing for Flik and 2ndly i just don't see the "time" thing coming for Flik... :lol:

He need to own the true rune which he doesn't and judging from the timeline and games from S1 to S3 i don't he will have a chance to meet it either unless you are telling me Konami is gonna release a game in between those timelines....which i highly doubt as from S4 and S5 how many return characters played an important role like they did in S1 and S2.....chances are hella slim i'd say 8)

And if he did manae to save Odessa then what the hell happened to the Events in S1? Mcdohl will not become the leader and lots of events will not occur and contradict/complicate things.

Its impossible
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

Yes the theory of time travel is a mind boggler.

say he does go back stops odessa from dieing, mcdohl never becomes leader of the toran army, therefor odessa never died, for flik to go back in time, to save her. :P

the most idealy, and what occums razor would suggest, is two different timelines would start, one where odessa dies, and one where odessa doesn't which can be supported theoretically by the string universe theory.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Lol. This thread wasn't to discuss the possibilities of Flik going back in time. It was to discuss whether he WOULD if he had the chance...to save his true love. Do you think he would? And yes, if he did, McDohl would not have been the leader of the Liberation Army.
Luca

Post by Luca »

Yeah of cause he will, surely everyone of us would like to see Odessa involve in something longer than she already is than the 10 minute timespan we get to see ger ingame :lol:

But its hard to tell though, because the last i've seen Nina was all over him. They may get together, who knows :lol:
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Before Flik joined up with Tir in the Liberation Army, I would say yes, he would've saved Odessa in a heartbeat. He's passionately in love with her and her (at the time) recent death was still fresh in his mind. However, after the point where he joins Tir is a little sketchy for awhile. He's still a brash young man, but he matures over time. By the end of Suikoden I, he's come to respect Tir as a leader enough to the point where he would die to defend him. By this point and throughout Suikoden II, I believe Flik understands that though it may be painful, Tir was a great leader for the Liberation Army, perhaps even better than Odessa, and without her death and passing on the leadership to Tir, history would've been changed significantly.

Also wanted to point out that Odessa's fiance was dead by Suikoden I. In fact it was his death that caused Odessa to lead the Liberation Army in the first place. I also believe that while Flik probably loved her more, she at least had some feelings for him back, as her final words seem to indicate.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Flik stands for a uncorrupt and democrachy (liberated) Toran republic! I think

He wont offer Tirs struggle and his own fight for a free Scarlet Moon Empire for a love he perhaps never can win. Whom ever the fiance was, didnt he die? His never seen!

//Watermoon, Thanks for pointing it out.
Last edited by Siel Avadon on Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Toran Republic. Dunan was the second game with Riou
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Odessa Platinal

Re: If Flik had the chance...

Post by Odessa Platinal »

I think that Flik would have traveled back in time.
It may not seem like the most reasonable thing to do, but if he had rescued her, then let Tir lead the Liberation Army.
Though that doesn't sound like neither an option nor a possibility, if I was Flik, I would have gone back in time to save my True Love!
She is without doubt worth it :D , I mean, come on! A chance to change the biggest tragedy in your life, to be with the one you love the most... Ahhh... <3
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

Nah, I doubt he would want to go back and save Odessa, as much as it would pain him. He's wise enough to know that things could turn out very differently if he did. I don't think he'd willing to risk that. What's done is done seems appropriate enough... I think.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
Roupe

Post by Roupe »

Well, Flik could appeal to Leknat to teleport Odessa from the past to his presant, and have healers ready. Sort of what happened to a certain servant. Thus not destroying the timeline.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

what happened to that servant was only possible because of the presence of the 108 stars, the Soul Eater, and Leknaat. It would take more than Flik begging Leknaat.

As for the question at hand, no, Flik would not, after the fall of the Scarlet Moon Empire. At some point during S1, maybe, but his personality toward the end, and in S2, indicates that he is a man of principled morality, ready to sacrifice anything in order to maintain his goals and beliefs. If you asked him which was more important, the liberty of an entire country, or the return of his love, he would take the tragic hero route, and maintain the liberty that he fought for.
Roupe

Post by Roupe »

Yes of course it would take more than just to appeal to Leknat, but in the "happy" scenario -Flick has seen this time rescue maneuver done. Thus in that continuum he could have the same possibilty. Or at least ask Leknat about it. Though of course he would need to gather all what is needed for it

And yes If there was a ultimatum. He would choose to maintain liberty & peace over his individual desire.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

End of Suikoden 1, Leknaat makes a point blank statement that "it can only be done once". So I doubt that Flik could prevail upon her to help him to do it again. Futhermore, its pretty evident that Flik is content to move on with his life, playing the tragic hero role, while maintaining a countenance of power and demanding the respect of others. He misses her, and loved her, but he is neither insane, nor love sick. Besides, there's always Nina, and who would pass up a 15 year old obsessed blond girl?
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Depends on when this opportunity would have happen. If it was during the even of Suiko1 and maybe even inbetween 1 and 2, then yes, I'm pretty sure he would have done it in a heartbeat. He'd do anything for her. As for Suikoden 2, however, he has grownup a bit and became wiser and more collected. I think that by then, he would refuse to save her knowing that she had to die and yadda yadda.