Nether Gate after the War (SPOILERS)

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Rivera

Nether Gate after the War (SPOILERS)

Post by Rivera »

So another topic to discuss and theorize post Suikoden V has to be Nether Gate... One of the old books explains Nether Gate's heiarchy and explains that several of it's leaders are unaccounted for.

That said, I'm sure there's still a structure behind the mysterious Nether Gate beyond Childreich and Dolph. Combined with their arcanums and potions and other drugs, and these guys are sort of intriguing. We know Nakula plans to exterminate them (and Sagiri), but one thing I wondered is do you think we'll see them in other nations down the line? Since they don't all resemble traditional assassins and ninjas, and I was even wondering if Suikoden III's mysterious possible-double-life-leader, Mike, might be affiliated with such a group?

Either way, I don't think we've seen the last of Nether Gate, or NG-inspired villains.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Two of their leaders supposedly left for Nagarea after the disbanding a few years back. If we are lucky and Nagarea actually plays a major role in a possible future title, we might as well have a chance running into some of them again later.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

I sort of am leaning that some of the new countries introduced will become factors in future games such as Nagarea. I figure with a lot of the developer staff changes, maybe they wanted to introduce more countries to have their own playgrounds for the series as there felt like there were a lot of them. Nether Gate could be a downright nasty force with no one else controlling them since the Royal Family of Falena won't want them and Godwin is gone.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
Desides

Post by Desides »

Nether Gate's leaders relocated to Nagarea, but with Nether Gate falling into the employ of the Godwins, it makes me wonder what Nagarea had to do with the Falenan civil war.

Regarding Arshtat's order to disband Nether Gate, it's interesting that only the head of the intelligence division disbanded. Notice that Oboro is a former Nether Gate member. Gee, I wonder.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

I got that same vibe that Oboro was likely the Intelligence Division guy. You also have to wonder how devious Nether Gate truly is. So far the most we've seen as far as Nether Gate villains, are Childerich and Dolph, but one has to wonder if they are the rule or if they are the exception. Didn't Nagarea once also have a war with Falena?
Desides

Post by Desides »

Rivera wrote:Didn't Nagarea once also have a war with Falena?
In the distant past, yes. It was the war that resulted in the Dragon Cavalry joining Falena. One of the Old Books discusses the event in detail.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Desides wrote:Nether Gate's leaders relocated to Nagarea, but with Nether Gate falling into the employ of the Godwins, it makes me wonder what Nagarea had to do with the Falenan civil war.

Regarding Arshtat's order to disband Nether Gate, it's interesting that only the head of the intelligence division disbanded. Notice that Oboro is a former Nether Gate member. Gee, I wonder.
Only the Nether Gate that remained in Falenan went into service for the Godwins. Those who relocated to Nagarea were not involved in the civil war presented in the game.

And, Oboro is indeed Shinatsu.
future_suikoden_writer

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

Rivera wrote:So another topic to discuss and theorize post Suikoden V has to be Nether Gate... One of the old books explains Nether Gate's heiarchy and explains that several of it's leaders are unaccounted for.

That said, I'm sure there's still a structure behind the mysterious Nether Gate beyond Childreich and Dolph. Combined with their arcanums and potions and other drugs, and these guys are sort of intriguing. We know Nakula plans to exterminate them (and Sagiri), but one thing I wondered is do you think we'll see them in other nations down the line? Since they don't all resemble traditional assassins and ninjas, [i]and I was even wondering if Suikoden III's mysterious possible-double-life-leader, Mike, might be affiliated with such a group?[/i]Either way, I don't think we've seen the last of Nether Gate, or NG-inspired villains.

he's from the howling voice guild where clive is also affiliated and also cathari[/u]
WraithRune

Post by WraithRune »

Sorry guys but in reference to this quote:
what's a Shinatsu? Is it some character in another Suikoden game? Just curious.
Beware the Anger that consumes you.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Shinatsu was the head of the Intelligence Division in Nether Gate. It is also Oboro's real name. Shinatsu is mentioned in an Old Book that you can find in S5.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
future_suikoden_writer

WraithRune wrote:Sorry guys but in reference to this quote:
what's a Shinatsu? Is it some character in another Suikoden game? Just curious.
he's also with sagiri and shigure(the guy who looks like yam koo from SI and SII)...
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

Not to be rude, but I fail to see how that happens to answer anything.
Shinatsu was the head of the Intelligence Division in Nether Gate. It is also Oboro's real name. Shinatsu is mentioned in an Old Book that you can find in S5.
That answers the question, I'm not sure what you mean by:
he's also with sagiri and shigure(the guy who looks like yam koo from SI and SII)...
It seems rather pointless, unless you're trying to tell him which one Oboro is, which I'm sure he knows as it wasn't his question at all.
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Yes, future_suikoden_writer, please don't post unless you have a relevant point to make regarding the topic at hand thanks.
future_suikoden_writer

my bad...sorry.. :D
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Maybe this is just me, but I like to think someone from Nether Gate, likely one of those missing bigwigs, wound up in Highland and taught a certain infamous Prince his bloodthirsty tactics, since I really doubt Han taught Luca to murder villagers as pigs.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?