SuikoIII Luc and Sarah *spoiler

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
riou83

Post by riou83 »

Im lost about one thing, I thought the soul eater had nothing to do with Gremio returning to life, but it was the stars of destiny and the gate Rune comming together to bring Gremio back from basically the other side. The thing is though it could only be done once according to Leknaat. As for sarah and Luc they are simply dead even if they could get revived i dont forsee them taking it.

The whole point of their deaths was simply that they got their wish to be free from the hands of fate
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

And all the 108 stars of destiny came together, they can then revive one of the stars.
I believe Leknaat said that it could only be done once and only once. So, that was Leknaat's choice. Leknaat wanted Gremio to come back :x
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

its quite possible for it to happen more than once i just think she doesnt want a herd of people flocking over her riving the dead one after another almost get annoying no?
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
riou83

Post by riou83 »

The thing is about that leknaat directly said that about being a one time shot with her rune. Though the thing is the gate rune has the two aspects it may of been a one time deal with her rune since its the back half it seems its ment for sending them back rather then the front rune which seems to be designed more for brining creatures from the land of Nothingness. So should someone find the front Gate rune then it may be possible for them to revive more people.

Though back to Luc and Sarah even if it was possible to revive them. I doubt leknaat would after all it would basically be nothing more then torture for them since Luc had seen the fate that awaited humanity. Which was why he wanted to free "everyone" from the "dharma/ kharma controlled world.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

Lol dont forget that what luc saw was fate and fate is changable you know :P. And yes i do agree reviving luc or sarah would be pointless as luc practically wanted to die....dam him......
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Luca

Post by Luca »

Seriously after playing for the 2nd time i am still confused whats going on :lol:

Luc's true wind true foresee the world will be doomed and he wants to destroy the world to change it right?

So why did the SODs stop him since he is doing a good thing, and where the hell did Sarah came from is still a mystery right? like i didn't even heard of her in S1 and S2 but shes just there along with Luc and Yuber. 8)

And for leknaat, why didn't she stop Luc and let him proceed his plans when she knew of the outcome....this is all very confusing man, and dammit i don't think Luc will ever appear in other series cause hes dead! :(
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Seriously after playing for the 2nd time i am still confused whats going on :lol:
Luc saw a vision of a possible future within the True Rune (something that all True Runes are apparantly capable of doing, if the memories within the Rune of Punishment are any evidence), and rather than letting it happen, decided that in order to save humanity, he would have to do something horrible, by destroying a True Rune, and himself with it.
Luc's true wind true foresee the world will be doomed and he wants to destroy the world to change it right?

So why did the SODs stop him since he is doing a good thing, and where the hell did Sarah came from is still a mystery right? like i didn't even heard of her in S1 and S2 but shes just there along with Luc and Yuber. 8)
He's not destroying the world, he's trying to save it, but in a way that is horrible and means the lives of thousands of people. The Zexens, Grasslanders, and Harmonians don't want this to happen for a number of reasons. The major one being they don't want to die. Harmonia wants to stop him from destroying a true rune. But basically, it comes to a.) most of them don't know his reasons for doing what he's doing, and b.) if they do, they don't care because they feel that fate can be changed whereas he does not.
And for leknaat, why didn't she stop Luc and let him proceed his plans when she knew of the outcome....this is all very confusing man, and dammit i don't think Luc will ever appear in other series cause hes dead! :(
If you've ever read Marvel Comics or watched the Highlander TV Series, think of Leknaat as a Watcher: her duty is to watch the tapestry of fate but she is forbidden from truly interfering in its affairs.[/quote]
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

Same thing applies in many shows, like Stargate is another great example, the ancients weren't allowed to interfere
Luca

Post by Luca »

WaterMoon wrote:decided that in order to save humanity, he would have to do something horrible, by destroying a True Rune, and himself with it.
So there is no true Villian in S3 huh, even Luc does things for the sake of mankind...which makes me think if the 108SOD in S3 are really that good and innocent at all 8)
If you've ever read Marvel Comics or watched the Highlander TV Series, think of Leknaat as a Watcher: her duty is to watch the tapestry of fate but she is forbidden from truly interfering in its affairs.

I guess so....but to see her beloved disciple die must be very painful for her.
S3 is a sad ending indeed, many fans of Luc like me must be disappointed he didn't manage to succeed. :cry:
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Luc isn't her beloved. He's her pupil. She's been around for hundreds of years, he's been around 30.
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Luca

Post by Luca »

WaterMoon wrote:Luc isn't her beloved. He's her pupil. She's been around for hundreds of years, he's been around 30.
Dude i said beloved disciple :lol:
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

bah, I missed that. It's what I get for cruising the forums when I'm normally asleep. Hadta get up WAY earlier than usual (bout 3-4 hours early) for a physical, lol. My bad
kcana

Re: SuikoIII Luc and Sarah *spoiler

Post by kcana »

So if they're dead...where did Luc's true rune go?
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

kcana wrote:So if they're dead...where did Luc's true rune go?
Most likely still in his dead bodys' hand waiting for somebody to come get him. Unless of course someone did and we don't know about it. Also, I think it's the combination of the power of runes and the 108 sods that bring people back neither can do it alone. And as for Luc, Sarah and Yuber being sods. I think they were doing what THEIR runes wanted just not what the others wanted. If the wind rune showed him that vision maybe the true wind thought that was the truth and decided he must do it. And I'm pretty sure Yuber is insane because of his rune so he was probably doing what the rune wanted too.
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?
kcana

Post by kcana »

I jusst realized it now...but i'm still confused. True runes grant immortality, they say. But they still die? Or true runes are just there to grant "long life" until death?

Has this already been answered? I got confused