Technological Advancements

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Wraith wrote:
requires almost complete use of materials foreign to the suikoden dimension.
Gate Rune *cough*

The Front Gate Rune hasn't been recovered yet.

I give up. :roll:
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Komataguri wrote:
Wraith wrote:
requires almost complete use of materials foreign to the suikoden dimension.
Gate Rune *cough*

The Front Gate Rune hasn't been recovered yet.

I give up. :roll:
If you are implying something specificly stated in Rhapsodia then tell me so instead of posting a 3 word post with no real signifigance.( This may come offensive but you should refrain from posting anything less than 4 words). But right now regarding Suikoden 4 and 5 it is not that strange for a country such as Harmonia or Nagarea to gain possesion of the technology to recreate a weapon similar to Rune Cannons. To give an example( this is only an example): a Rune Gun of sorts.

I have some idea on what happened in Rhapsodia regarding the Rune Shells but as I've said, I havn't played it so the only things I know are from posts on the forum. And even if the technology is from another dimension( I do not question your statement) then it still can be attained.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Warlock was a mage, so if there is a powerful enough sorceror to retrieve even one seed or a giant tree cutting, a new one could be grown if its growth is similar to that of real plants.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Ushiku wrote:Warlock was a mage, so if there is a powerful enough sorceror to retrieve even one seed or a giant tree cutting, a new one could be grown if its growth is similar to that of real plants.
There is still the " simple " matter of finding the right dimension, and finding the right place inside that dimension.

That's like dropping a marble in the center of the ocean, then trying to find it while free diving.
Kirin

Post by Kirin »

I'm just curious, did I miss some dialog in Suiko IV explaining that the Rune Cannons were derived from Cray's big tree, or was that only revealed in Rhapsodia? Because I remember wondering just what the heck that end boss had to do with anything (other than, well, it was in Cray's castle and he sicc'ed it on us more or less), and that seems like a useful thing to have known. -_-

Or did I just not talk to Warlock enough or something? I do remember him having a crisis of conscience about Rune Cannons, at least.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Kirin wrote:I'm just curious, did I miss some dialog in Suiko IV explaining that the Rune Cannons were derived from Cray's big tree, or was that only revealed in Rhapsodia?
It's only revealed in Rhapsodia.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Kirin wrote:I'm just curious, did I miss some dialog in Suiko IV explaining that the Rune Cannons were derived from Cray's big tree, or was that only revealed in Rhapsodia?
It's only revealed in Rhapsodia.
Anyone with common sense can figure it out without playing Rhapsodia, It seemed painfully obvious to me in Suiko 4
Spudtrooper

Post by Spudtrooper »

The Suikoden world seems.....to have stagnated, no surprise since apparently the most prestigious education institution in the world is dedicated to to teaching military tacticians, nothing else. It doesn't help that the HVG is selfishly keeping gunpowder to themselves.
Felenan Prince

Post by Felenan Prince »

The suikoden world's best educational systems do not only teach about strategy. Greenhill academy teaches things like smithing,apprasing, and many other things. It probably impossible to recreate the rune cannon. I dont think in present time suikoden people even know it was warlock who created the Rune cannons and they would most like not have any idea how to even recreate it. Even with the Gate Rune Leknaat would certainly not summon such a creature. And its possible Windy did not even know that to create rune cannons you need to summon that Giant tree. It also likely she did not know how to summon it. Maybe Warlock just luck out and when he opened a new dimension that tree somehow entered.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

The Suikoden World's technology has stagnated because most countries depend far too much on Runes. Harmonia guards it's secret advancements under lock and key and the dwarves from the North Continent (Falena's dwarves don't seem as advanced) never leave their realm and never share their technology either. Only way for countries to redevelop technology is for Sindar scholars to make more substancial progress and recover more of their lost technology. But so far, it seems Harmonia ad the dwarves keep a monopoly on Sindar secret technology.

As for Rune Cannons, remember Rune cannons do not only fire shells from another dimension. The Rune Cannon themselves are from another dimension. I once posed the question of why Lino en Kuldes kept the Rune Cannons if he knew they had alternative uses. So far Only Kooluk once stumbled upon this new use for the Rune Cannons, but you would think someone would eventually stumble upon it once more. It will be funny when we see the Island Nations, now realizing no more Shells will be found, using their Fishmen dispensers to turn entire armies into smelly fishmen.
Hmm...
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

xXSqualleoNXx wrote:The Suikoden World's technology has stagnated because most countries depend far too much on Runes. Harmonia guards it's secret advancements under lock and key and the dwarves from the North Continent (Falena's dwarves don't seem as advanced) never leave their realm and never share their technology either. Only way for countries to redevelop technology is for Sindar scholars to make more substancial progress and recover more of their lost technology. But so far, it seems Harmonia ad the dwarves keep a monopoly on Sindar secret technology.

As for Rune Cannons, remember Rune cannons do not only fire shells from another dimension. The Rune Cannon themselves are from another dimension. I once posed the question of why Lino en Kuldes kept the Rune Cannons if he knew they had alternative uses. So far Only Kooluk once stumbled upon this new use for the Rune Cannons, but you would think someone would eventually stumble upon it once more. It will be funny when we see the Island Nations, now realizing no more Shells will be found, using their Fishmen dispensers to turn entire armies into smelly fishmen.
The Dwarves do trade their technology with others, the Scarlet Moon Empire purchased their superior armour and the Toran Liberation Army purchased the Fire Spears from them.

Also read here from Suikosource:
Chief of Dwarf Village
Origin: Dwarf Village
Postion: Chief
Events: Gate Rune Wars
Unlike his elven counterpart the Chief of the Dwarves is not intolerant to other races but he does think that dwarves are superior. He could not believe that any human could have stolen anything from the Dwarven Vault, let alone the plans for the Burning Mirror, so he set a test to see if the hero and his party could repeat the feat. When they returned with the object he had set, the Running Water Root, he pledged his aid to destroy the Burning Mirror. This he did so with the aid of the Firewind Cannon, but not before the mirror had been used to raze the Village of the Elves. He stayed in the sidelines throughout much of the rest of the war but was there when needed. Following the end of the conflict he works with the new Toran authorities; Kirkis, the new chief of the elves; and Kuromimi, the new chief of the kobolds, to bring about greater understanding and co-operation between the different races of Great Forest.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Felenan Prince

Post by Felenan Prince »

Hmm firewind cannon huh? Is it really similar to the rune cannon?
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Felenan Prince wrote:Hmm firewind cannon huh? Is it really similar to the rune cannon?
The Firewind Cannon uses Dwarven technology which is based on Sindarian Alchemy which is the use of technology without Runes, so although it might be powerful like the Rune Cannons, it doesn't use the same source of power.
ralphyu

Re: Technological Advancements

Post by ralphyu »

Hi. Im just starting playing SV, and i do remember a xharacter in SV who was desendant of Pablo in SIV. I think the technology of rune cannons already remove in the page of history, but dont you think pablo learned something from warlock during island liberation war? I do believe these were kept somewhere. Something as important yet damgerous cant be destroyed.
With regards with the firewind cannon, it is really and interesting idea. Dwarves are indeeed advance with their technology.
~To defy Me is to defy the Sun~ Arsthat Falena
Antimatzist

Re: Technological Advancements

Post by Antimatzist »

According to Pablo's own statements, Warlock didn't tell him anything. I don't even know if he just calls himself his pupil or Warlock ever accepted him.