Technological Advancements

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

It was my understanding that the materials to make the ammo for the rune cannons vanished from this world [ Wasn't it the seeds of that big hulking tree at the end of Suiko4? ]

I'm not gonna put that in spoiler, since the game has been out for several years now..
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Yes. Officially the materials are all gone and are no longer in production.

For details, play Rhapsodia.
Sage

Post by Sage »

The reason why rune cannons weren't seen in any other realm is this, Warlock stopped making them. I believe it was hinted largely in the game, and peoples post here. Without Warlock, rune cannons wouldn't have existed within the suikoden world. That's why I believe no other country could produce them or has them for use, they would need the information from Warlock and he won't tell a soul :P
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Sage wrote:The reason why rune cannons weren't seen in any other realm is this, Warlock stopped making them. I believe it was hinted largely in the game, and peoples post here. Without Warlock, rune cannons wouldn't have existed within the suikoden world. That's why I believe no other country could produce them or has them for use, they would need the information from Warlock and he won't tell a soul :P
He won't tell a soul cause he's dead. He got killed(or something like that, probably age I didin't play, Rhapsodia but it said so in the end of S4.) by the group that hunted him down for the crime of creating the Rune Cannons. All other remaining Rune Cannon got destroyed as well.

I might be completely wrong and you might've played Rhapsodia. I don't know.
Sage

Post by Sage »

He won't tell a soul cause he's dead. He got killed(or something like that, probably age I didin't play, Rhapsodia but it said so in the end of S4.) by the group that hunted him down for the crime of creating the Rune Cannons. All other remaining Rune Cannon got destroyed as well.

I might be completely wrong and you might've played Rhapsodia. I don't know.[/quote]

I didn't know he died in Rhapsodia, I haven't played the game yet. Thanks for the information!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

That information was given to the player during the "SoD roll call" at the end of Suikoden IV.
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

Although it's commonly accepted that Rune Cannons are gone for good, two of the SoDs in Suikoden V hint of a "possible ressurrection" on Konami's part. Spoilers

[spoiler]Yahr and Nelis go to the Ship Graveyard where they find a fully-functional Rune Cannon and Rune Shells.[/spoiler]

If the shells for these cannons are the seeds of the Giant Tree, couldn't a new Tree be born from those? (At least, that's how biology says it works)
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Considering Suikoden 5 the chance of another country finding out even part of the Rune Cannon shells design is large. It can help that country design their own weapon based on it. However the technology to create the shells was apparently destroyed. I can't give any info on that since I havn't played Rhapsodia yet.
Last edited by Wraith on Thu May 04, 2006 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Eyedol wrote:Although it's commonly accepted that Rune Cannons are gone for good, two of the SoDs in Suikoden V hint of a "possible ressurrection" on Konami's part. Spoilers

[spoiler]Yahr and Nelis go to the Ship Graveyard where they find a fully-functional Rune Cannon and Rune Shells.[/spoiler]

If the shells for these cannons are the seeds of the Giant Tree, couldn't a new Tree be born from those? (At least, that's how biology says it works)

I doubt it, and they only look for remaining rune cannons and shells that exist from 150 years ago, Its not like they are looking for freshly produced ones.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Since this thread is basicly also about technological advancements(I'l edit the title) it should be noted that the motorboat in S3 is probably powered by a Flow Rune as seen in Suikoden 5. NOT to be confused with Flowing Rune. And it only seems to work with small boats on rivers and basicly works like a motor on a motor boat would.

Wait... wasn't there a motorboat in Suikoden 1? Now I'm getting confused.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Yeah Adelai invented the engine for the boat, was the only one of it's kind. I guess Falena had a monopoly on Flow Runes so Toran has to depend on mechanical devices. I also noticed at the Twilight Palace that they had microscopes on desks, clearly they know about microbiology now.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Rune cannons are not just a rune put into a gunpowder barrel and fired.

They are a very complicated device that requires almost complete use of materials foreign to the suikoden dimension. Even if knowledge on how to build them existed, the materials that grant its use don't exist, and there obviously isn't any suitable replacement materials in the Suikoden world or there would be rune cannons today.

Its not a simple as some of you appear to believe.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Regardless of the fact that it is complicated it was created before so recreating it is possible.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Wraith wrote:Regardless of the fact that it is complicated it was created before so recreating it is possible.
They are a very complicated device that requires almost complete use of materials foreign to the suikoden dimension.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

requires almost complete use of materials foreign to the suikoden dimension.
Gate Rune *cough*

The Front Gate Rune hasn't been recovered yet.