In-depth analysis on True Runes..one-stop True Rune Shop

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Kahlai

Post by Kahlai »

Wow. Just... wow.

I'm enlightened. Thanks for doing this... I'm glad someone else spends as much time thinking about these things as I do (althought I must say, you've gone farther in-depth and seem to understand things better than I've been able to).

Thank you again, I loved reading it!
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

You are very welcome. Thank you for reading and replying. I'm glad you appreciated it. I'm still trying to find more information on the Eightfold Rune. It's the only one that has me stumped. I may even start doing predictions for future True Runes.
Last edited by demon eye on Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kahlai

Post by Kahlai »

demon eye wrote: I'm still trying to find more information on the Eightfold Rune. It's the only one that has me stumped. I may even start doing predictions for future True Runes.
I'm hoping the Eightfold Rune will be explained in an upcoming Suikoden, whenever that may be.

However, my thoughts on other True Runes stems from the Rune of Punishment, which governs Atonement. Doesn't that then mean there is/are True Rune(s) that govern the "sins" the Rune of Punishment atones for? I mean, the Beast Rune is a good candidate, as you explained.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

speaking of the rune of punishment, when are we going to see your explanation of it demon eye?
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Just wait for it, son_michael. Patience is a virtue. :wink:

I'm only halfway reading it, but I just have to give props to demon eye for devoting his time in making this. It's really helpful for Suikoden fans who are curious and want to know more about the nature of the True Runes. Good job!
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

It is actually up. Scroll down to where it says new update and the Rune of Punishment is under there right after a brief disclaimer. You probably didn't see it. I'm not going to add new post here when I update my opinions on each True Rune.

I'm just editing the original post. I'm marking each new entry I make with asterixes so each person will know what new changes I made. I've updated it quite a few times so I invite you all to go back and take a look. It may be inconvenient to do it this way, but I want to keep the material together. So, please keep checking the original post to find the new changes. Sorry for that inconvenience.

And thank you highwind44029.

As for the question about True Runes governing "sins". I believe there will be a rune regarding each individual vice. It would be a lot easier if I could finally figure out exactly what the nature the Eightfold Rune really is. There are so many conflicting issues. But, I believe the Rune of Punishment may be the closest to that sort of True Rune which would govern the nature of sin.

I believe there will be at least one more cursed True Rune introduced in the series. It looks like the Eightfold Rune may be the best candidate due to Yuber's nature and desire for chaos. Introducing sin to induce morality may be Yuber's ultimate goal. Alas, your guess is as good as mine. The Beast Rune seems to be more on the emotional side. Sin is something we would call natural evil, meaning something we would all consider wrong without laws. It's a wrong against society. I believe that passion isn't something sinful unless used to an excess.

But, if the Eightfold Rune is a True Rune of virtues then there will most likely be a True Rune that emodies all the vices or the 7 mortal sins. I'll continue to look into this. ;-)
Watcher of The Stars

Post by Watcher of The Stars »

Ei Congrats i really enjoyed reading it...... specially the qoutations
anyways did your theory about Eightfold is based on the anime Shinhakkenden?
Viki

Post by Viki »

:shock: That's really good.
It amazed me i read it for the first time and it really made sense then for the second and i even understood it more. You really did a great job the ideas, i bet u have alot of knowledge about religion.
It was great suikosourde should use it as info in their site.
O.k, o.k, o.k don't sneeeze, don't sneeze, no, no NOOOOOOOOO!! Aaa AAACCHHHHHOOOO!!!!!
UUUhhhhh where am I this time?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

That was amazing!!!!Very good!! Now have a lollypop :D

But seriously the eightfold rune is probably not like people think it is.
I mean we al think its aligned to chaos but the name gives a totally contradicting explenation.Its really confusing!!!I just hope they explain it in S5 even if its only a little bit...
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Watcher of The Stars wrote:Ei Congrats i really enjoyed reading it...... specially the qoutations
anyways did your theory about Eightfold is based on the anime Shinhakkenden?
"Hakkenden" is actually a story written by a Japanese author more than 200 years ago. It is about 8 heroes who are gathered by "fate" to bring justice. The story is based on Shui Hu Zhuan (Suikoden), which Genso Suikoden is loosely based on.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

you do knwo alot about japanese history don't you?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

It is just as SARSadmin stated. I was loosely based my speculations about the Eightfold Rune on the Noble Eightfold Path. Thanks to SARSadmin who kindly stated that it is probably based on the Yatsufusa, due to the fact that the lower tier of the Eightfold Rune is known as the 8-Devil Rune, which is based on the demon dog from the asian story known as Hakkenden, I made a second theory to base the Eightfold Rune on.

As for more information on the Eightfold Rune, I've learned another meaning for Chaos. It can also be defined as the absence of substance, meaning nothingness. Therefore, I find it hard to believe that the Eightfold Rune is alligned with chaos. I'm leaning more towards mortal vices and origin of suffering.

As for my knowledge of religion, I would say it is above average but not vast. There are so many religions that one can study, but they all have similar base foundations which makes it easier to apply them to one another. When I was thinking about the speculations for the True Runes, I looked at what would be essential to the foundation of any existence.

It became easier to speculate about their nature when I looked at it that way. And I don't know if I would have Suikosource use this as information on their site. Just like you, I am also a fan and this information was only meant to be informative in the sense of giving people a perspective on why the True Runes may, emphasis on may, behave the way they do. It is purely speculative and not to be taken as canon. But, I would be honored if any site would post this information up. It would definitely give gamers and fans a different perspective.

And once again, thanks to all who are reading this and enjoying the information. Please continue to check this thread as I will continually update it as I find out more information and also, please give your opinions. If you see something you don't like or disagree with, don't be afraid to rip it apart. ;-)

As about my knowledge of Japanese History, lets just say I am an avid myth buff and asian history and myth are of one of my favorites to learn and study about. They have so much history and richness within their culture. It is just so fascinating to me, but trust me, I do not have that much extensive knowledge. SARSadmin has me beat there. And the fact that I'm an American also makes it harder for me. I'm always trying to understand more and more through research.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

They should make this post permanent!
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

We'll just have to see. Maybe the mods and admins will see the usefullness of it and grant it to be a sticky topic, but I don't know. But, thanks for that statment.
Clive580

Post by Clive580 »

This reserach certanly aggres with the fact of the information given to us plus question you raised to Konami
Zincbrain is my name an IQ of 500 is my game