Ninjas in the suikoden world

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Asquian

Ninjas in the suikoden world

Post by Asquian »

there's alot of guesswork here but...

anyway, the way i see it, there are two initial ninja clans, Rokkoku and the mercenaries. The Rokkokus are the clan whom are simply family clans of ninjas. This is the clan to which Kasumi, Sasuke, Mondo, and possibly Fuma belong. They are ninjas with great honor, whom will fight for causes they view as right.

then there are the mercenary clans, whom hire out contracts to whomever can pay. these include the ninja whom attempts to assassinate Tyr in the early chapters of GS1, and Kage himself. I believe that in the timeline of S1, both that ninja and Kage were in the same mercanary clan, but eventually Kage, along with Ayame and Watari splintered off to form the Kage ninjas, a small clan of ninjas in the employ, and loyal to, the Blight family of Highland. As to what happens to the Kage ninjas after the fall of the Blight family, that's probably speculation best left to character theory forum.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

Where did you hear about this Kage ninjas? I haven't heard anything about this.
Asquian

KAge ninjas

Post by Asquian »

It's in the Watari/Ayame subquest in 3, that or maybe the Kidd investigations mentions this.

I seem to remember Ayame referring to their organization as Kage.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
Jewber

Post by Jewber »

Actually i think she calls them the Black Wind, but its supposed to be Kage
Faust

Post by Faust »

This is the clan to which Kasumi, Sasuke, Mondo, and possibly Fuma belong
Fuma didn't originate there. He was invited to join them after the events of Suikoden, but it's unlikely that he did given that he wasn't with them in Suikoden 2. However, he may have just been hiding and perfecting his skill hehe (which is QUITE shabby in Suikoden as he's pretty bloody easy to spot!).

Yeah, Kage does have a merc group. Probably funded by the 20k you have to pay him to join up in the original Suikoden. Mind you, Watari requires 100k...quite a bit more.

I found Watari to be a poor man's Kage. Kage was totally apathetic and was just a mercenary for hire. However, Watari had more story to him, and seemed to have a few more feelings, which p'ed me off slightly as he was technically just hired muscle.
Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

It is viable and indeed likely that, like Fuma in the original, there are 'solo' ninja and/or other ninja clans. Even Sydonia could 'technically' be called a ninja.

I do remember Ayame calling their clan the Kage ( shadow ) clan, and she also mentions that they worked for Highland, meaning the original Kage was a member if not the founder of this clan.

As for Fuma joining Rokkaku... it's hard to tell, as he never mentions being lonely or anything, and there are no investigations to do. It could be assumed either way, and he could even have changed his clothes and perhaps he was one of the ninja at Rokkaku ( the one hanging from the ceiling? )

I always imagined Fuma to be hidden in the ceiling rafters of Hanzo's room, watching when the party comes to recruit...
Jewber

Post by Jewber »

I think its more like, there are different clans of ninja, there are Mercenary Ninja (like the Kage group) and theyre are Tiered Clans, (like Rokkaku). The Mercenary are ninja that hire themselves out, obviously. I think that everyone starts in a Tiered Clan, thats how they are trained, and leave, as i doubt theres much penalty, because its like a village, on the other hand Mercenary Ninja are really hard to leave theyre clan (Watari and the reason Ayame is chasing him?)... or something like that.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Kage Ninjas = The Dark Wind. Ayame and Watari belong to that group. But it's never said that Kage himself belonged.
"We are forgotten in times of peace. It's only
when war looms that people remember we exist."
-The Great Leon Silverburg
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Actually it did confirm that, in one source. Kage is part of the "Kage" ninjas. Makes things more confusing if you ask me.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Really? That...does seem a little confusing. Is he the founder or something?

EDIT
What was the source?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The source is the Official Suikoden 3 Complete Guide released in Japan.
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Does anyone here have it translated? Or is it up on the site? I am kinda blind.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Nope, but there are a number of people who are fluent in Japanese here, including myself.
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Ninjas are simply mercenaries. They fight for whoever can pay them (Kage). And of course, if they have any interests in, for example, Liberation Army to win the war, they'll help. But only if it suits them. If I were ninja, I deffinitly wouldn't fight for someone who's not paying me. Ninja has to eat too, right?
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I don't think all the ninjas are mercenaries. Ayame and Watari's group were just ninjas. As were the ninjas from Rokkaku.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."