The strongest mage to ever usable in suikoden games.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
True Harem Rune

Re: The strongest mage to ever usable in suikoden games.

Post by True Harem Rune »

As far as the Tenkai character goes, I'd say Frey rules them all hands down. Canonically Soul Eater is probably the most powerful but not with how the game goes. Frey has more MP. Frey has about 4 MP on Level 4, while Tir will have 2. Judgement is 1500 to 1, and Crimson Sky is 1200 to all. Hell and Deadly Fingers are useless against Bosses, and with Tir & Kai you pretty much can kill all normal monsters in one unite. And all that is without considering how ungodly powerful Frey is with Epics.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

you weird people! Crowley is the best! I do not know between mazus and Luc though. BUt Luc is pretty good himself. BUt Crowley outbeats him. He's older, more experiecne, and many other good reasons. Though I favor Luc more.
Nick Bruiser
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

Well out of the games I did play I would say Sarah since she was born with a flowing rune. You know she has to be powerful because of that. But from reading Crowley's profile I would deffiantly say he's the best. I mean who else can house runes in their body like him?
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

exactly! Thank you Tenko5 very much :D
Nick Bruiser
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Crowley is powerful plot and Stat wise, I don't like him much personality wise though :|
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

I think jeane has a surprise of her own
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

Chaco wrote:Crowley is powerful plot and Stat wise, I don't like him much personality wise though :|
That's funny you don't like his personality. Just thinking how many people rave over Killey in S5 because he's so great to use...but damn I hated his personality so bad I shuffled him off my team first chance. He may call everyone else an idiot but he's a jackass.

Oh, and I finally broke down and bought Suikoden Tactics. Must say, Simeon is mad powerful too, and he's been around a long time. I'd love to see him in a future installment.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

That's funny you don't like his personality.
I sometimes won't use a character just because I don't like them, even if they are uber strong. In Suikoden 2 I was so mad how many times I was forced to use Freed Y. :evil:
-Chaco
Black knight overlord

Post by Black knight overlord »

You probably wouldnt have tried this but...Piccolo in S3 is a really really good mage when you max him out, I was surprised. He can take a pale gate rune(with an A) and a thunder rune(S with a wizard ring) and his spells are cast almost right away and do tons of damage. I guess he just pretends to be bad at magic to fool everyone, and it worked. He might not have been lying after all when he said he was the ninth deciple of Crowly. He eventually can do more damage than some true rune bearers like the FC or Sasari.

Another surprising mage is Connie(i know, a dog) she can even use pale gate pretty well too.

Nothing can surprise me anymore i guess
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

Black knight overlord wrote:You probably wouldnt have tried this but...Piccolo in S3 is a really really good mage when you max him out, I was surprised. He can take a pale gate rune(with an A) and a thunder rune(S with a wizard ring) and his spells are cast almost right away and do tons of damage. I guess he just pretends to be bad at magic to fool everyone, and it worked. He might not have been lying after all when he said he was the ninth deciple of Crowly. He eventually can do more damage than some true rune bearers like the FC or Sasari.

Another surprising mage is Connie(i know, a dog) she can even use pale gate pretty well too.

Nothing can surprise me anymore i guess
Actually, I did use him and saw his potential just like Thomas's. They both take awhile to develop but when you do they normally max at high levels (A's normally). If you haven't i suggest you use them. I think they represent more hard work then regular genius. Just like Crowley is showing studying and not using true runes he can be just as strong.
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Actually, I did use him and saw his potential just like Thomas's. They both take awhile to develop but when you do they normally max at high levels (A's normally). If you haven't i suggest you use them. I think they represent more hard work then regular genius. Just like Crowley is showing studying and not using true runes he can be just as strong.
Wow I did this to, well I maxed out almost all the characters and I was surprized by some. Especially Thomas because he sucked at first.
Another surprising mage is Connie(i know, a dog)
Connie can...Use Pale Gate O_o
-Chaco
Spiraling Entropy

Post by Spiraling Entropy »

She can? Man, I never utilized the dogs like that!
In Digitized Remorse
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

She can? Man, I never utilized the dogs like that!
As soon as I saw that post I tried and it worked I started laughing for around an hour stright. I couldn't stop for some reason, it was so funny watching a dog DESTROY stupid enemies. :shock:

Just think, the enemy: "Haha you have a DOG on your team- OMG PALE GATE!" :wink:
-Chaco
Black knight overlord

Post by Black knight overlord »

Each dog can only use a cirtain element of rune and they all only get one slot, but they can all do 2-3 hit combos and if u equip them all with yellow scarfs(cant remember if you can though) then they could use their combo alot in a fight. Its really hard to keep them alive in the end if you use them.

I only used them because they are a 5-collectable animal group and I kinda miss the flying squirrel group in S2, its way too expensive to buy now....I wish they would make a re-packaged S1-S2 game like final fantasy origins. Maybe it would be called Suikoden Origins(or an original name maybe).
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I only used them because they are a 5-collectable animal group and I kinda miss the flying squirrel group in S2, its way too expensive to buy now....I wish they would make a re-packaged S1-S2 game like final fantasy origins. Maybe it would be called Suikoden Origins(or an original name maybe).
I hope they port the game AS LONG as they don't change anything at all other then the controls. The reason I want a port is so others who cannot find the game to buy it can.
Also I hope they keep the name the same, I like Suikoden Origins, or maybe Suikoden 1-2 Pack would be nice to O_o.
-Chaco