What if Luca Blight had a girlfriend...?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Siel Avadon wrote:If I was hired as those ruffians I would only kidnapp them really and give them everything they need. Not rape people! Or just kill em if was angry at the highlanders.

People, Why discuss which girl fites for Luca and not this instead?
Because it is interesting to find out which girl would fall for the maniacal badass of Suiko 2. Many of us have already said we would (me a few times).

Some people are just sick, stupid *ruffians* (must not say the b-word). They probably thought that by raping the Queen of Highland, they could serve some revenge to the King. There are more tortures in the world than death and unfortunately sexually tormenting women is one of them.

This bit the City State back in the arse when Luca avenged his mother by killing all the 'pigs'. If you were in Luca's place, seeing that your mother being raped, what would you do?

My question is this. Could he be loved by another woman, flaws and all?
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Yes someone could fall in love with him and for all we know perhaps someone did.
But Luca wouldn’t respond in any kind of love he had too much rage and hatred in his heart no woman could make him change, actually nothing could.
People who experience tragic events like Luca and twist it that way, live only for revenge, every breath Luca took was filled with bloodlust, every second of his life after that event meant one thing revenge, and ironically I think when he died he died happy, because in an extent he had accomplished his goal.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

If I mother was raped I sure would be a little bit angry, But my own mom stol 12000 kronors from me and tryed to get my father to jail for one slap when the discussed why she was chating with "others" on the internet.

Ohh, nothing to do with Suikoden sorry :)

Well, I would need to be a large women like Ronnie bell or Helga and one that have the same visions and passions.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

kuroinekokun wrote:My question is this. Could he be loved by another woman, flaws and all?
I think it's very possible, but I have a feeling that it might be caused more by sympathy of what Luca had gone through rather than caused by physical attraction (not to say that Luca is ugly looking, mind you).
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I think the real question is could Luca fall in love with someone. I don't think he emotionally capable of love due to the intense trauma. Sure someone could love him, but I don't think he would have the emotional capacity to return those feelings. Luca had very deep issues, but it is possible that only a woman could have cured those emotional scars.

Just imagine that every woman he saw probably brought back memories of what was done to his mother. It's quite sad if you think about it. But, I believe Luca truly adored his sister, but seeing her reminded him of his mother. I think that Luca behaved how he did, aside form getting revenge, was to keep individuals away from him. He didn't want any close relationships as he knew the nature of humans.

I believe that only a strong willed and emotionally secure female could possibly get close to Luca because he would probably abuse her mentally and emotionally. That woman would have to be able to endure those harsh things. The only female in the series who shared that type of quality was Sarah from Suikoden 3 and possibly Apple.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

demon eye wrote:I think the real question is could Luca fall in love with someone. I don't think he emotionally capable of love due to the intense trauma. Sure someone could love him, but I don't think he would have the emotional capacity to return those feelings. Luca had very deep issues, but it is possible that only a woman could have cured those emotional scars.

Just imagine that every woman he saw probably brought back memories of what was done to his mother. It's quite sad if you think about it. But, I believe Luca truly adored his sister, but seeing her reminded him of his mother. I think that Luca behaved how he did, aside form getting revenge, was to keep individuals away from him. He didn't want any close relationships as he knew the nature of humans.

I believe that only a strong willed and emotionally secure female could possibly get close to Luca because he would probably abuse her mentally and emotionally. That woman would have to be able to endure those harsh things. The only female in the series who shared that type of quality was Sarah from Suikoden 3 and possibly Apple.
Yes, a woman's will in love is something that I personally feel that is a very strong quality, especially for us females. For the sake of loving another, that woman would probably go to hell and back just to break his barrier. Sarah is a very good example because I admired her will to stay by Luc's side, even if she thought that what he was doing was wrong. Her love for him was never returned, I believe, until the very end.

For Luca's sake, I think that even if the woman wasn't strong emotionally but if her love for him is true, then she would be able to take the abuse thrown to her by Luca. People would say that it's not worth it but she would repent that, protecting him. And she will try to break the barrier no matter what.

But I believe the problem lies in Luca himself. His emotional scars are the biggest hurdle for anyone to jump. I believe he fears that he would become exactly like those pigs. Even if he says that fear is a stupid emotion but fear comes in so many angles. I believe Luca was referring fear as being scared, cowardice. He does have his fears but the fear of being one that he hates. That is the reason, in my opinion, that he would push away anyone who would try to lay a relationship with him. From what I see from Jillia, he does love his sister but he pushes her away, to protect her from him.
I hope that makes sense.
jonathan_priest

Love? I don't know...

Post by jonathan_priest »

Now, it would be interesting if Luca had not only developed his sick hatred for all living things, but had become just like the men who raped his mother. What if somewhere in his twisted mind, he felt justified. After all, he blamed his father for being weak and unable to protect his mother, why not blame his mother for not being strong enough to fight off her attackers. He would probably develop the idea that women are weak in general are only meant to be used by men. After all, with a guy crazy enough to wipe out two towns and the city of Muse, you have to wonder how nuts he is. That bazaar logic might just fit him.

But I have trouble seeing him ever loving someone. Love and hate are arguably the two strongest emotions. When all a person has in their heart is hate, there's no room for love. Just ask any of the victims.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

I doubt Luca would do that because he loved his mother and he blamed the 'pigs' for raping her. He killed his father as punishment for leaving them behind.
But whether or not he can love pretty much hangs in the air. I believe he can love but he doesn't want to act upon it because he doesn't want to become wht he hates.
jonathan_priest

Perhaps...

Post by jonathan_priest »

Hmm...maybe I wasn't getting my ideas across. Anyway, what I meant was, its a noted fact that abused children become abusive parents...its a vicious, horrible cycle. Well, the most significat thing Luca experienced as a child was witnessing his mother being raped. As cruel an act as that was, it obviously twisted his mind. Chances are, his father didn't have anything to do with his mother while she was pregnant with Jillia (and if I'm not mistaken, didn't she die in child birth?). Anyway, my point is, I couldn't possibly see Luca actually giving in to the concept of love. Everything for him now is an act of aggression. Rape is nothing more than aggression...and if Luca was the type to burn and pillage defenseless villages, then he's certainly capable of such violent acts against women.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
kuroinekokun

Re: Perhaps...

Post by kuroinekokun »

jonathan_priest wrote:Hmm...maybe I wasn't getting my ideas across. Anyway, what I meant was, its a noted fact that abused children become abusive parents...its a vicious, horrible cycle. Well, the most significat thing Luca experienced as a child was witnessing his mother being raped. As cruel an act as that was, it obviously twisted his mind. Chances are, his father didn't have anything to do with his mother while she was pregnant with Jillia (and if I'm not mistaken, didn't she die in child birth?). Anyway, my point is, I couldn't possibly see Luca actually giving in to the concept of love. Everything for him now is an act of aggression. Rape is nothing more than aggression...and if Luca was the type to burn and pillage defenseless villages, then he's certainly capable of such violent acts against women.
Maybe I should stop thinking of this logically. For some reason, I cannot see Luca raping women because it happened to his mother. I get your point and I guess I have to agree that Luca is also capable of such acts, even if it is to extract revenge and aggression.
But would you agree that even with what he does, he can be loved?
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

I deffinetely don't think Luca would rape someone, even though you'd think it would suit him, it wouldn't. I don't hate Luca that much anymore after reading this thread, but still, he went a bit far IMO.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Luca blight is A madman

he says that he is the personified face of evil

when someone says that it means there not sane and preety much have no soul

if luca had A girlfriend she would be raped whenever he felt like it, she would most likely be in A zombie like state doing everything luca told her with no questions asked and she would have no oppinion and she wouldnt even think, she would do ANYTHING he told her to do never thinking about right from wrong because whats right is luca blight and he is her master

but I doubt luca would ever have those kind of desires, it seems to me that all he craves is death and power and to rule over all which is why he wants highland to be on top, In fact Im sure that if he won against the dunan army and jowy never became king that luca wouldve immediatley been planing an attack against harmonia

He dosent seem to be smart either, hes just full of pure emotion and blind rage, hes pure evil and wouldve never found peace

Some people may think that if lucas mom came back to life and told him to stop that he would and turn into A nice man

The reality is when you commit acts of evil they are engraved into your heart and soul

if lucas motives for killing were to avenge his mother in the beginning than that dosent matter because he took it further than it needed to be taken, he went past revenge,he gave into fear which made him become something he probably never dreamed of happening when he was sane. He became exactly like the people who raped his mother..no he became A devil and would probably scare those people sh## less

so If his mother came back from the dead and told him to stp he would probably laugh like A madman, call his mother deragatory names and tll her he will never become that weakling he once was

So luca blight is an evil madman, he could never have A g/f because he has no capacity to love, he could only have A slave and he wouldnt because he desires power and blood not pleasure

and for the people who are most likely gonna respond saying"we dont know if luca wouldnt change if his mother spoke to him"

hes beyond help... beyond sanity

The game portrays luca has an insane madman and thats what he is
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

LoL, that sounds like something I'd say "If Luca's mom came back to life..." LoL, like, in the General Discussion section, Suikoden 5 thread, "Luca's mom comes back, tells Luca to stop it, Luca becomes the nicest person ever and becomes a SoD"
:P
The Deldragon

Post by The Deldragon »

Luca needs to think about the future... If he wants someone to create havoc after he is dead, then he would have to have some sort of lady friend.

We can assume that he wouldn't rape anyone to do this, as it is already what he rebels against. Maybe he wants someone (His Son) to do the work for him.

It would make a great story if he had a baby girl, who grows up just as evil, and acts just like him... Wouldn't that be something different?
"I will unite the Dragon Clans" - Lord Deldragon -
Add Me - arun_252@hotmail.com
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

If luca wanted Someone to succed him he would go find A girl rape her and after she gave birth to A boy he would cut her head off

he would kill the baby if it was A girl

What part of "I AM THE SUBLIME FACE OF EVIL!!!" dont you understand?

There is no chance in hell luca could change or learn to love

This is luca blight

he finds A girl tells her that she will have his son, she refuses cause she dosent know who he is so shes not afraid

luca puts a knife to her throat, then throws her down on the ground and orders soldiers to go in the house and bring him her father

luca cuts her fathers heart out and sticks it in the girls face then threatens that thats whats gonan happen to her mother and rest of the family

she reluctantly agrees, she soon becomes his mindless slave, shes about to concieve and when she does A baby girl is born

luca looks at the chile with cold angry eyes, takes A knife and puts it right through the babys heart, the woman screams and he smacks her telling her to shut the{insert curse word here}"you worthless piece of####! you better give me A son or your mothers head will be sent to you in A box!

she concieves and gives him A son{after a few months}

he approves and tels her he will reward her, he brings her to her village, everything is burned down but her family is alive, he orders the soldiers to hold the woman and the soldiers also tape the mouths of the girls family shut. He brings A family member face tof face with the girl and cuts them up body part by body part, he then puts A family member in A torturing device, The girl is screaming and cant breath and every blood curdling scream he hears only makes him more satisfied, he then chains Another family member and sets him on fire, he thn orders the soldiers to take aim and kill the rest

after all this he kills the girl with 1 swipe of his sword

his words are"YOU SERVED YOUR PURPOSE NOW DIE PIG!!!"

get it now? and Im not exaggerating this is how luca blight is portrayed in the game, if you dont believe me then go play 2 over again

oh and deldragon read my post before this 1 more carefully you will see my argument about why luca could indeed rape and do everything he ORIGINALLY rebelled against
Last edited by son_michael on Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.