Jeane's Secret

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
BrucePrintscreen

Re: Jeane's Secret

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

wataru14 wrote:My former roommate and I had a joke theory (and totally unsubstantiated, by the way) that we still toss around from time to time.

Jeane was a famous Runemistress from the ancient past and her unique style was copied by fangirls throughout the centuries. Her devotees and fans through the ages have dressed like her and taken up Runemastery in emulation of her. Some even change their names and live in the Jeane persona full time. Kinda like a Single White Female thing. Those Jeane impersonators that are born under the same Star as the original Jeane are better at it and end up getting swept up in all kinds of wars and zany adventures.

As for S3 Jeane's secret? Well, Jeane is so fabulous she's not only idolized by fangirls. She is a gay icon and drag queens also try to copy her style and live like her. So S3's Jeane is a man in drag. That's why she wears so much more clothing than any other Jeane before her has (to cover up the bits that would give the secret away). And that's why her face is so distorted in the portrait. Koroku, as a dog, can smell that "Jeane" is really a man (different body chemistry) and "Jeane" wants him to keep her secret.
:o

:D

This is now canon!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Jeane is actually Hikusaak. I thought everyone knew that.

That's why he hasn't been seen in a long time--he's been in his "Jeane" form.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Rachael wrote:Jeane is actually Hikusaak. I thought everyone knew that.

That's why he hasn't been seen in a long time--he's been in his "Jeane" form.
Umm.. by 'actually', are you implying that it's a fact? There's also this Sindar leader possibility. I highly doubt Hikusaak would be in a "female" form.

Edit: But if that's the way he rolls, then I can't argue with that.
tovath

Post by tovath »

I think whatever Jeane is her life and/or power is somehow tied up with the 108 Stars of Destiny. In other words she has to be the Chiketsu Star whenever the Stars gather. This would explain why she was more modestly graved is S3. She knew that Thomas would be to shy to ask her to join if she dressed as she normally did.
Yes I am writing a fanfic. How did you guess?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Sorry, bluemask--I was joking.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
Willster328

Post by Willster328 »

Always assumed Jeane was an original Sindar member.... Would be an easy plot device later on in the series
mightofanubis

Post by mightofanubis »

Does Jeane have any affinity with the blinking rune. She could be using it just like how Viki does not age.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sod it. Jeane is just Konami being uncreative and giving you guys something to fap over. Why do we have the same rune mistress in EVERY freaking game? I can understand Viki appearing in most of the games because the power to instantly teleport people from one end of the country to the other is an extremely rare talent, but rune services are not rare in the Suikoden world. Rune master shops are as frequent as blacksmiths, antique shops and pubs. We get different blacksmiths in every game. we get different armorers, antiques dealers, inn keepers and librarians. Why don't we get different rune masters?? And considering Jeane's profession, you'd think she would express special interest in the heroes and their True Runes, but she doesn't even acknowledge the fact that you're carrying a very rare rune that has the power to either save or destroy a big chunk of the world depending on how you use it. she got a tiny bit of storyline treatment in Suikoden 5, but other than that it just seems like the creators didn't wanna risk killing the fan's boners by having a less sexy rune master in the next game. :roll:
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

They really should have fleshed out the role of Rune Masters more. Some of the NPC dialogue in Suikoden II makes it sound like it's a skill that requires a lengthy apprenticeship, but how it works, how rare the talent is, and other topics are never really touched that I can recall. Is having one nearby a necessity, or a luxury? If Rune Masters are one-in-a-million, and skilled Rune Masters rarer still, that might be a serviceable explanation for why she was widely traveled in the area around Zexen, Dunan, and Toran. I don't think anything but tradition and fan service explains how she turned up in 4 and 5.

Somebody should break into Murayama's house and see if there are any old notepads with the terrible secret of Jeane in them. I have a feeling he might have had a plan at some point. After he left, it was most likely just shrugged off as one less character to design from scratch.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

@sticky-runes honestly am i the only one who finds Jeane just "ok"? She isn't sth special,there were hotter chicks in Suikoden Games LOL

Anyway,we should ask Koroku since he was supposed to see her true form. But how can a dog have such powers? That would be a nice question
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

You'd think that during the Island Liberation Wars, rune masters would be concerned about the invention of runic weapons being used to blow entire ships to splinters and causing all kinds of destruction. Wouldn't Sir Walter or Kyrill have likely consulted a rune master's expertise in rune magic at some point during their investigation? Rune masters hardly ever seem to acknowledge the wars happening around them, even though there are armies using runes against each other. Just about every time you ask Jeane to join, she just says "Okay, sure, tee hee!"

The Suikoden 3 manga actually did show Jeane advising Hugo on how to handle the strain of the True Rune of Fire, which is what the rune master should be doing besides just running a shop in your HQ.

And no, Sasarai, I don't think you are the only one. Plenty of guys around here seem to prefer Valeria or Lorelai or Kika to Jeane. OK, it is nice to have some link, however small, between all the games in the form of a familiar character, but Jeane is one of those characters who seems like a good idea at the time, but in hind sight, it would have been better to replace her with an all new character.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:You'd think that during the Island Liberation Wars, rune masters would be concerned about the invention of runic weapons being used to blow entire ships to splinters and causing all kinds of destruction. Wouldn't Sir Walter or Kyrill have likely consulted a rune master's expertise in rune magic at some point during their investigation? Rune masters hardly ever seem to acknowledge the wars happening around them, even though there are armies using runes against each other. Just about every time you ask Jeane to join, she just says "Okay, sure, tee hee!"

The Suikoden 3 manga actually did show Jeane advising Hugo on how to handle the strain of the True Rune of Fire, which is what the rune master should be doing besides just running a shop in your HQ.

And no, Sasarai, I don't think you are the only one. Plenty of guys around here seem to prefer Valeria or Lorelai or Kika to Jeane. OK, it is nice to have some link, however small, between all the games in the form of a familiar character, but Jeane is one of those characters who seems like a good idea at the time, but in hind sight, it would have been better to replace her with an all new character.
Basically in S5 she wasn't just saying "okay,sure,tee hee" ...she requested to bring her inside this big hole,tll some certain spot.
Actually Jeane was just a retutning character from S1 among many others,but from S2 this rumor about "Jeane's secret" started being around. Richmond was ultra-scared when he was trying to investigate her...same as Oboro. :lol:

Also did you ever noticed how tiny Eresh is? i assumed she's a female cat or a dog actually....wearing this priestess uniform....maybe some Koroku's ancestor....who knows?
Virande

Post by Virande »

I'm pretty sure Jeane is not human, maybe clone like Luc and Sasarai, or non-human race like Yuber, or like the Fog Ship Guide? Remember in S3 when Luc mention to Yuber something like "Im like you, we are not human".. in S3 when you roaming as Koroku, she said about something would scare people if she show her true self, in reality, sometimes dogs can see a spiritual being, and i think Koroku sees the true Jeane. and in S5, bath scene between Jeane, Lu and Marina, she also mention that she never once called "cute", that can be 2 explanation, she never young (like Luc and Sasarai which never be a kid) or her "young" form is not like what we seen...

My theory is Jeane has a crucial role in suikoden world, someone like Leknaat as the "Keeper of the Balance", Jeane maybe like a "Guardian of the True Rune", she always roaming from town to town across the world as a rune mistress, but she seems always appear at the right place and the right time. Feels like she already know about the war that involving the True Rune is coming and she stand by before the war begin at the nearby rune shop to be recruited.

This may be involving Viki, since we know from S3 that Viki can teleport to the past or future...
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I never understood the role of the small Viki in S3 though. Since they are 2 different stars they cannot be the same person.

But on the other hand Luc and Sasarai were sharing 2 different stars. If they are Hikusaak's clones then they are the same person literally. So this makes things more complicated
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

sticky-runes wrote:

And no, Sasarai, I don't think you are the only one. Plenty of guys around here seem to prefer Valeria
Did someone called me?

:lol: :lol:

Honestly guys, read earlier in the topic: I still hold that the version of Jeane being a string of different Jeanes fangirls (and a fanboy) posing as the original Jeane is actually the truth.