Gremio's Resurrection

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Gremio's Resurrection

Post by suiko2fan2 »

This may have been answered along time ago, but how did Laknaat bring Gremio back? I know her she used her rune and the 108 stars as a "power source" if you will, but what was her mechanism, did she remake a body and get his soul back from Souleater? Or did she pull him from the past right before the spores ate him? (it sounds crazy, but given gremio's comments the second he materializes it could be possible)...IDK ..how did she do it, because even if one brings gremio back to life, he is still one of the 4 souls that attacks Windy at the end when she tries to take the rune.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
RangerDeon

Re: Gremio's Resurrection

Post by RangerDeon »

I think the power of the 108 stars of destiny revived him.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I would say its a combination, as she said her Rune could only do that ONCE, and only in the presence of the 108 stars.
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

She used the holy power of 'Deus ex machina'.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

if i remember correctly

it was the power of the gate rune and the collective power of the 108 stars of destiny

she also said that it can only be done once

she did the same to Lyon correct?
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

I think it was the Sun Rune and the 108 stars that revived (as opposed to resurrected) Lyon.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

This is my theory:

The Souleater is actually called the "Rune of Life and Death". I think that, like most other true runes, the Souleater has dual phases. All throughout the game, we see the rune demonstrate it's power to kill and consume souls. I feel that after collecting the 108 stars, the rune demonstrated it's power to restore life. With Gate Rune opening a doorway to the "other side", the Souleater was able to resurrect Gremio.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Iesous wrote:I think it was the Sun Rune and the 108 stars that revived (as opposed to resurrected) Lyon.
yeah could be...
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

Presuming that the Sun rune resurrected Lyon & the Gate rune resurrected Gremio.

It can only be done once.

Perhaps every True rune has that power. Only can be done once per true rune.

Even though Leknaat used her half of the rune. Maybe her rune will be even more powerful now that she has the rune as a whole.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

i don't think so...

i don't think each True Rune have the power to ressurect people

you see, the gate rune had the power to travel through dimensions

i think it transported Gremio back into life

as for Lyon

Leknaat said that the Sun rune could be a destructive force but can also be a nourishing warmth that fosters mercy

and that the Twilight and Daw rune determine which power it manifests

i think this mercy and nourishing property is what spared Lyon her death

the rune of beginning also spared Jowy right?
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

I also wonder if the true water rune could resurrect, it had awesome healing powers, maybe even more powerful than the bright shield's healing powers.

as for gremio, i think leknaat's rune and the 108 stars could have tapped into the other side of souleater's ability and use that untapped resurrection power to bring him back. the same way she used her powers and the 108s to tap Lazlo's Rune and have it move from the atonement to forgiveness phase
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

if true water can grant life...

i wish Chris had used it on Jimba...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

It is my belief that the souls are actually housed in the Soul Eater and/or the rune bearer (ie. the rune bearer absorbs one soul = can use more powerful spells with Soul Eater).
The Saturn version also shows Gremio wandering around some kind of dream world - I think this is probably within the Soul Eater (or within McDohl..). What Leknaat's rune did using the power from 108 SoD gathering was take Gremio out of that "world" and into the liviing world. That doesn't necessarily explain his body since it was eaten, but that's why it's a game.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It is my belief that the souls are actually housed in the Soul Eater
Problem there is that Murayama said that the Soul Eater doesn't actually eat souls.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Are you sure? I seem to remember that Ted used to walk around battlefields so that the soul eater would absorb the souls of the slain. But where did i hear that?

Oh and according to the Suikosource character entry about Ted, he commanded the Soul Eater to take his soul....