So what did exactly happen with the Rune of Beginning?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Crowley

So what did exactly happen with the Rune of Beginning?

Post by Crowley »

First of all, Suikoden II is my favourite game ever and I have beaten it about 20-30 times, but one thing I still don´t quite get.

WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS!

In the best ending Riou defends Jowys attacks and Jowy collapses, because he is so exhasted for taming that Beast Rune with this Black Sword Rune.
Then The Rune of Beginning heals Jowy and they continue their life happily with the Two Aspects of the Rune still stuck in their arms.

In the bad ending Jowy dies and gives the Black Sword Rune to Riou and now Riou has the Rune of Beginning.

Well, here is the thing. The Two Halves of the Beginning are meant to fight each other until the other one dies(like in bad ending). But in the good ending how in the hell are they able to live ever after, since they are still meant to fight each other to death. Or is it just that they have attained a full control over these runes and their powers and are no longer slaves to their purpose?

Trivial thought: damn, it would be nice to play as Riou, when having the Rune of Beginning!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: So what did exactly happen with the Rune of Beginning?

Post by patapi »

Gathering the 108 Stars of Destiny grants them the ability to defy the fate predetermined by the True Rune's will.