Gay Characters

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Roshambeaux

Re: Gay Characters

Post by Roshambeaux »

Yuma is actually a man who was reluctantly being groomed to be a future military leader since his childhood. In his spare time he would draw and design female clothing while wearing his mom's clothes; but one day he left his room unlocked, and was caught by his brother, Shula. His parents felt disgraced and were furious when they were informed of this, and had their youngest son sent to boot camp. After endless days of being humiliated and physically exhausted, he found an opportunity to escape, and henceforth escaped with a new identity: Josephine the Fashion Diva
A raw tomato for the win!
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Actually, the big mystery behind Yuber and Pesmerga is that they are gay for each other.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Yeah they both share a fetish for black armour, dark and dingy dungeons, and scarey looking swords, which is why we find Pesmerga in the cave of wind, hoping to use the pommel of the Star Dragon Sword as a sex toy. And the reason he's able to move around in all that armour without making a sound is because he's always well lubricated.
BrucePrintscreen

"The Cave of Wind" is the perfect name for a BDSM gay bar, actually.

Also, what do they mean when they say Viktor is a bear?

PS: Pesmerga and Yuber being gay is actually canon, I read it in a Japanese-only magazine published officially by Konami and called Fisutu Fakingu no Suikoden, which is the official magazine of the gay community in the Suikoverse, they wrote a lenghty article about it. If I have time I'll scan the pages and post them with a translation here.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

"Bear" is an affectionate term used in the gay community to describe men with a very rugged masculine appearance, i.e. large or muscular or stocky build and a lot of hair (bodily and/or facial). Characters such as Gijimu, Eikei, Kiba, Alhazred and Leo are all suitable candidates for bears, but Viktor seems to have been given the full on fan service treatment in S2.
BrucePrintscreen

I knew what a bear is in the gay community, that was my joke :P

Kiba a bear? Isn't he more of a sugar daddy?

Also, there is no way Rina would limit herself to one gender.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

You're my sugar daddy, Bruce :wink:

And I think Sheena stole Richmond's investigation notes that mentioned Rina and Anita drinking each other under the table in Leona's pub.
bongchoof

Post by bongchoof »

wow. reading some of the comments at the start of the thread... you could definitely tell it was 2005