Helmetless soldiers and Sheena's old sword

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
macielthiago

Helmetless soldiers and Sheena's old sword

Post by macielthiago »

For the oldest people here:

I remember reading some obscure info that came either from the novel or some publication supplement a long time ago that mentioned the names for the helmetless soldiers from the Unicorn Brigade that show up in the intro and a short story that explains how Sheena lost the sword he used in Suikoden 1 before he started using the weapon his father used to wield.

Any clues on that?
sticky-runes

Re: Helmetless soldiers and Sheena's old sword

Post by sticky-runes »

Yeah it goes like this:

Sheena: Hey, Dad. Can I borrow your sword?

Lepant: Why should I lend you my family's treasured sword? You have your own sword.

Sheena: Yeah, but rapiers are lame. And girls totally dig guys who carry a sword with some history!

Lepant; You mean you wish to parade the Great Sword Kirinji around just to impress girls??? I should cut you half, you little...

Eileen: Darling, give him the sword.

Lepant: But why?

Eileen: It's a family heirloom. Sheena is your heir. It's only right he should wield Kirinji.

Lepant: He's not going to use it with honor, he just wants to wear it as an accessory.

Eileen: Look. You were quite content to let that old sword gather dust in the back of that sh!tty run down house in Kouan after hiring some clown to build that f#cking ridiculous wheel of fortune and and an army of poncy robotic samurais to guard it, and the damn thing still got stolen right from under your nose, and now your son wants to flash it off to attract tarts like you did at his age, I don't see why he shouldn't.

Lepant: Ugh.... Fine.

Sheena: Thanks Dad, love you Mum! xx