Kika's age?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Kika's age?

Post by Sasarai10 »

It's another Suikoden mystery. I searched about it, but Kika's age was never revealed.

But something bugs me here. She is one of the few characters who won't have a confession, and her age is a mystery. Does she hide anything? She's not as young as she looks I believe. She must've been around for a while. :roll:
Antimatzist

Re: Kika's age?

Post by Antimatzist »

I guess she's in her thirties or something; she seems pretty naive and novice in Tactics and then starts to harden up. But who knows (and cares).
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Personally she gives me the impression she is like in her 60s or 70s. 30s isn't so shocking, so why she hides it? :|
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

She's not hiding it, it's just never given in any publication.

Dario is 35, so Kika might be something like 40. Remember, in JRPGs, a character who is 30+ is known as an old experienced soldier. Georg in Suikoden II is 41 and behaves like he is 70.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:She's not hiding it, it's just never given in any publication.

Dario is 35, so Kika might be something like 40. Remember, in JRPGs, a character who is 30+ is known as an old experienced soldier. Georg in Suikoden II is 41 and behaves like he is 70.

Dario looks like 50.

Oh and Glen was 50+. he looks like a decade younger, and he's a commander. And Izak is in his 50s as well. I think SIV works in a different pattern.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Glen has to be so old because he has a daughter who is already 50. Actually, Izak and Warlock are probably the only SoDs in IV which are over 50.

Lino is in his 40s, e.g. SUikoden IV is just like any other JRPG, the main cast is mainly below 20.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:Glen has to be so old because he has a daughter who is already 50. Actually, Izak and Warlock are probably the only SoDs in IV which are over 50.

Lino is in his 40s, e.g. SUikoden IV is just like any other JRPG, the main cast is mainly below 20.
Only a few characters were below 20. I don't know Lazlo's age, but I believe he was 19 like Snowe. And some minor characters like Rita, Noah and Rene were under 20. I believe average age was like 25-30.

And his daughter (Katarina) is 30, not 50. Konrad, Bang, Keen, Deborah, Setsu and Elenor were over 50 as well. And of course Ted, but I don't think he counts.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Noah, Rita, and Rene are all like 14 and out wandering the world with no parents in sight. But that's commonplace for Suikoden.

I thought Lazlo was 16. Flare was 5 when the Obel Royal Entourage was attacked and 20 at the end of the war. Lazlo appeared on Razril as a baby with no memory of his parents, so he would have to be younger then 2 or 3 at the time.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Katarina is not 50, her age is mentioned in one of the in-game newspapers.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, I meant: she is in her 30s, and Glen in his 50s. Was an error; two thoughts, one sentence.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

She is probably in her mid-thirties. She looks like she is that age. She looks hot enough to be that age - if it weren't for the ugly tramp-stamp (which sadly for her was briefly fashionable by the time she was designed) she would be the second hottest Suikoden girl to me after Valeria.

But then again Japanese people have a tendency to portray teenagers as if they were seasoned thirtysomething, so who knows, she may still be underage.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:She is probably in her mid-thirties. She looks like she is that age. She looks hot enough to be that age - if it weren't for the ugly tramp-stamp (which sadly for her was briefly fashionable by the time she was designed) she would be the second hottest Suikoden girl to me after Valeria.

But then again Japanese people have a tendency to portray teenagers as if they were seasoned thirtysomething, so who knows, she may still be underage.
It's not surprising. Lorelai was a teen in SV as well.
ragnarok

Post by ragnarok »

Sasarai10 wrote:
BrucePrintscreen wrote:She is probably in her mid-thirties. She looks like she is that age. She looks hot enough to be that age - if it weren't for the ugly tramp-stamp (which sadly for her was briefly fashionable by the time she was designed) she would be the second hottest Suikoden girl to me after Valeria.

It's not surprising. Lorelai was a teen in SV as well.
wow,that would change a lot of thing if it is true
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Lorelai was 16 in SV, and Killey was only 18 as well.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Kika is a lot more wise and intimidating than Lorelai has ever been. She has a crew of men working for her who are willing to die for her and know not to get on her bad side. Lorelai doesn't have anything like that.