Ronnie Bell

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Ronnie Bell

Post by wataru14 »

Not to pry into personal family details, but how is even that mathematically possible? Unless there were A) a few sets of multiple births, B) several adoptions, and/or C) a few different mothers. If his wife got pregnant the next day after giving birth each time (with no pauses), it would take her 10.5 years to have that many kids. If he was 16 when they were married he would have been nearly 27 when he died.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

There were at least two or three sets of twins, and one set of triplets, though I don't recall if all of them survived. That's the main reason I even remember that part of the family tree. I probably would have jumped off a cliff before my twentieth birthday, but his death was described as the result of some oddly harmless sounding condition that was probably a mislabeling of cancer.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Wolkendrache wrote:The character who confuses me most is Mina the dancer. She’s born in 444, and was recruited in about 456, maybe 457 at the latest (age 12/13). She's a fighter on top of that . After the events of S1, Karen became her student, so a 14-year-old trained another 14-year-old (Karen is born in 444 too). At least Karen was already 16 when she made the men in Kuskus horny.
Antei is Scarlett Moon's gay capital, the men at the inn probably just see Mina as a diva icon. Like that stroppy drag queen upstairs who lost his jewellery in prison.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

sticky-runes wrote:
Wolkendrache wrote:The character who confuses me most is Mina the dancer. She’s born in 444, and was recruited in about 456, maybe 457 at the latest (age 12/13). She's a fighter on top of that . After the events of S1, Karen became her student, so a 14-year-old trained another 14-year-old (Karen is born in 444 too). At least Karen was already 16 when she made the men in Kuskus horny.
Antei is Scarlett Moon's gay capital, the men at the inn probably just see Mina as a diva icon. Like that stroppy drag queen upstairs who lost his jewellery in prison.
"YAAASSS MINA YAAAASSS SLAY HA!!!"
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:[

Esmeralda is a female....no? :roll:
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

sticky-runes wrote:Antei is Scarlett Moon's gay capital, the men at the inn probably just see Mina as a diva icon. Like that stroppy drag queen upstairs who lost his jewellery in prison.
You win the Internet.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Sasarai10 wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:[

Esmeralda is a female....no? :roll:
Perhaps she's a post-op trans?

Damn, Suikoden was ahead of its time.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

So Mina is actually singing Kylie Minogue songs? Wow, I'm glad we can't hear that!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Not too much on disco goddess Kylie. Good thing Lady Gaga wasn't a thing back then. It could've been much worse.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:So Mina is actually singing Kylie Minogue songs? Wow, I'm glad we can't hear that!
Notice that the girl who replaces Mina says "La la la (la la la la la) I'm the world's best dancer"